Flight Simulator : Not started

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Mattio170

Flight Simulator : Not started

Post by Mattio170 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Heyy
I run both flight simulator and then FSAirlines client but it keeps saying that flight sim has not been started, how to i get round this?
because flight sim is actually running, but the client isnt detecting it.
i have run flight sim first then run the client, i have done this the other way round, ive tryed all the possible ways of starting it and it still doesn't detect FS
Please help, i really wanna do some flights. oh, and also, the old client worked perfectly, so it must be the new client or my computer somehow.
thnx in advanced

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Flight Simulator : Not started

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Have you gone into the Flight Sim and ensured that "Pause on Task Switch" is unchecked as referenced here?

Have you manually paused Flight Sim prior to starting the client?

These are the most common reasons for the problem you state

Mattio170

Post by Mattio170 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:51 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Have you gone into the Flight Sim and ensured that "Pause on Task Switch" is unchecked as referenced here?

Have you manually paused Flight Sim prior to starting the client?

These are the most common reasons for the problem you state
I have tryed installing the FSUIPC but it wont install, it wants me to find the FSX.exe file, but i do not have it, i only have fs9.exe which is the main exe to run FS.i did a search on all files and folders and still nothing.

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi

Apologies if this sounds insulting, I do not mean it to be; but are you sure you are trying to install the correct FSUIPC? There is a separate one for FSX and one for FS9. The link to download FSUIPC is on the FSAirlines Home Page, but the FSUIPC version you first see is for FSX. Scroll further down the page and you will see the FS9 version of FSUIPC.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Mattio170

Post by Mattio170 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Myrm wrote:Hi

Apologies if this sounds insulting, I do not mean it to be; but are you sure you are trying to install the correct FSUIPC? There is a separate one for FSX and one for FS9. The link to download FSUIPC is on the FSAirlines Home Page, but the FSUIPC version you first see is for FSX. Scroll further down the page and you will see the FS9 version of FSUIPC.
oh god,im so blind haha, thanks for that, i must go out now i will try later, thanks for helping !