Two problems in new version

Please report Bugs and Problems here
indiceVAChief

Two problems in new version

Post by indiceVAChief » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi all,

I am testing the new version, and it has improved a lot. Thanks.

Although, I am find two subjects that I think they are wrong.

1. The duration of flight is not calculated correctly in my flight information.
2. The landing lights off are penalized in ground when I am taxiing. I think is not correct to config the landing lights on on ground during taxi.

Regards,

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Two problems in new version

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi :D

The Landing Lights penalty has been with us since the beta (I think) and release versions and yes.. it does differ from how flynet used to work.. that is, you could leave your lights off until just before takeoff. You will notice on the new client that that the final page.. the one that tells you to fly, lists the aircraft state.. speed and landing lights on or off. To stop getting any further penalties.. make sure your lamps are on before you start the client. Other LL penalties remain the same :wink:

Yup.. the new client is having difficulties with flight duration on certain types of aircraft. From what I've found.. low and slow are way off but timings get closer the faster you go. Turbo props are better but still off and jets are bang on. The guy's are working on it :wink:

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Umm... no, there has not been a problem or a significant change to the way the landing lights penalty works. If you're having problems with the penalty, it's probably because the contact points on your airplane are incorrect and the client is detecting you as being airborne or your scenery has problems and it is showing you lifting off during taxi (aka jumping). Otherwise, there is no reason you will get any sort of landing-light related penalty. I have made every flight with this new client (since BETA) operating the landing lights the same way as always and only got dinged when landing at El Alto (high altitude airport) which was fixed with the change in the detection giving a 2000 foot area when close to the ground to get the lights on or off and not take a penalty (i.e. you can turn them on or off between 1000 feet AGL and 3000 feet AGL and not take a penalty for turning them on or off above 10,000 feet.

As for the flight duration - are you starting the client when Flight Simulator is paused? If so, this is the probable cause of your issue. This is why I posted the news item on the main page and here in the forums.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi Chris..

Rgr that.. I've obviously misread between the lines somewhere and presumed/assumed they now had to be on at all times while on the deck. We were getting pinged for the most ridiculous things early on (beta too) that it tends to make one over cautious :lol: Noted and thanks :wink:

ATB

DaveB

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 pm

I am not sure what's happening there, but I have never been penalised for landing lights on taxi, and I taxi all the way to the runway with them off. I do not switch them on until I get clearance to go onto the runway itself.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Again, you either have a scenery or airplane problem. It's not with the client. If you hear the touchdown sound during taxi or your aircraft is "jumping" during taxi, you may get hit with a penalty. If that is the case, you need to check the airplane's contact points, but more likely you just need to get rid of whatever scenery you're using because it's poorly designed.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 pm

The client currently checks for altitude (alg) above 50ft before the penalty will trigger. This depends on where the aircrafts center is defined in its model. I am speculating here but its possible that for a large aircraft that has started to rotate in takeoff that its center could be more than 50 ft off the ground before the wheels leave the ground.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:17 am

Hi Joe :D

I've yet to come across any FS model that has a CoG that'll have the nose 50ft off the deck before the main gear leaves the ground but it's a possibility. It's surprising that on even such large aircraft as the 747's.. the CoG is modelled a darned site lower than you'd think. On the POSKY 747-136.. the CoG is 14ft off the deck.. on the CLS 742, it's 21ft :?

Chris..
It wasn't Myrm with the original taxi light problem. He was just commenting that he does as he's always done and it still works the same. indiceVACHIEF is the chap with the prob :wink:

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 am

I was just stressing the point. :)