Flight Marked Cheated

Please report Bugs and Problems here
striker

Flight Marked Cheated

Post by striker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 pm

I flew two flights today, EGSS - ELLX and the return flight ELLX - EGSS in our Boeing 727-200F Adv.
The return flight was marked cheated.

I have just re checked the flight details and both the profit and pilot income have been halved on the return flight.

I did nothing diferent to the first flight. I bought my fuel as usual but the profit figures are totally different to the first flight for similar amount of fuel bought and used. I used simple fuel method from FS. I certainley didn't cheat as far as I know.

Many thanks.

Mark.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Flight Marked Cheated

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:30 pm

As always, we ask that pilots wait 24 hours before reporting a flight that has been marked to allow the admins time to review all flights marked and make a determination on them. Just because it's marked doesn't mean that you cheated, only that something came up "abnormal" and it needs to be checked. 99% of the time, something didn't transmit right or the client didn't pick up something due to the sad proliferation of non-compliant gauges for Flight Simulator which subvert the system in the name of "increased realism" when in fact they're simply hacks designed by a person who was too lazy to do it right.

Your flights have been reviewed and the issues that caused them to be marked were resolved and the marks cleared off.

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm

As always, we ask that pilots wait 24 hours before reporting a flight that has been marked to allow the admins time to review all flights marked and make a determination on them
Thanks for that. :roll:
The message appearing on marked flights is "this flight is marked as possibly cheated, report immediately to Admins if this is wrong". (or words to that effect)

G

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Okay, and you do that via e-mail if it's really important, but 90% of the e-mails and PMs we get are really valid issues we have to look at; usually, because something didn't record right. If people would actually read the report and notice the big things like 0 fuel consumption or unrealistically low consumption or time being way off, then there wouldn't be a need to e-mail us or post on the forum becuase the reason for the "cheat" would be identified. We see these every day (I just worked 22 of them in fact) and 99% are simply problems that aren't of the pilot's doing and we just recalculate the numbers as needed and go on about our ways.

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Yes, fair enough, that is understood and the time taken to look at the problem is appreciated, but:
1) We are reluctant to write a comment explaining an anomaly for fear of a client crash.
2) If we write an e-mail with detailed information about the flight to help the support crew out, then the "solution" applied seems to be with imaginary data that bears no relation to the actual flight completed.

Is it thus your advice that cheat marks be ignored (despite the warning that admin should be quickly contacted) and hope that they go away?

G

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 pm

We have explained what tools are used to calculate "revisions" to flights when required. There is nothing "imaginary" about it. The formulas used are the same for everyone and every airplane to ensure that we are consistently fixing the errors that we find. We do not accept outside imput only for one reason - there is no way to prove conclusively that what the person puts in the e-mail is in any way accurate. They can say "I burned x amount" all day long, but if the client failed to record it, it's extremely difficult to prove that, especially if that person was using a panel or plane which did not provide a realistic fuel consumption. I've had more than one occasion where the panel I used under reported my fuel consumption by quite a lot and ended up with me running out of fuel when I shouldn't have based on what the gauges were telling me.

What I'm saying is that you need to look at WHY your flight was marked. If it's something obvious (like what I listed above) then don't e-mail us or post a note. We'll take care of it. If it's something weird (like an unusually high fuel consumption as has been reported before), then definitely make us aware of it. But otherwise, we'll see what caused the problem and fix it (in your benefit and with no loss of reputation).

chelseamad
Ticket Agent

Post by chelseamad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi Chris,
Many thanks for reviewing this flight, however it doesn't explain why the profit from the flight and the pilots salary is approx half what it should of been. Perhaps you would be kind enough to shed some light on it for us.
Many thanks.

Steve
CEO Airlink EXPRESS

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 pm

On the flight back, he bought more fuel.

chelseamad
Ticket Agent

Post by chelseamad » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for pointing that out. Stupid me I forgot to check that he could of put more fuel in. :oops:

Steve
CEO Airlink EXPRESS