Emergency/diversion calcs

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Emergency/diversion calcs

Post by Quantum » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Joe,

Just did a planned diversion to see how the client copes with the figures. Very clever and nicely executed. My initial reaction was WTF but when I'd put my calculator away, you're spot on. Well done that man! The only thing I would like to see is the catering accounted for just the once if that's possible?

Also, what happens if you cannot complete the next leg straight away and have to close the client? Does it store the next leg to be completed or does the flight revert to booked status as if your first leg never happened?

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Emergency/diversion calcs

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:22 pm

Right now if you blow off the remaining legs the booking expires and you refund the tickets. This is probably not the best solution as its a pretty light penalty, so we may need to come up with something else.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Emergency/diversion calcs

Post by Quantum » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi Joe,

I can't see someone going to the bother of diverting, not completing the flight and losing out on the revenue, unless rw issues get in the way. If it's a weather diversion, chances are you wouldn't be able to complete the flight straight away anyway unless you cleared the weather from the sim, but that isn't the answer. If the continuation flight could reset the booking time of the flight to give another 24 hrs to complete, that could work. We'd need to ensure the 'continuation' booking stays on the system somewhere or stored in the client folder for the pilot to pick up when he can.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage