New client version available v1.03

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: New client version available v1.03

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for fixing the penalties, there will be a few pilots out celebrating tonight :D . Just did a quick hop and all seems to be working fine so far. I think most pilots from now on will just be happy to do normal flights so the faults may only be discovered by accident from now. Just out of interest is there any way of setting up a seperate 'mini-server' where those that wish can try and push the client to test if things are working as they should in the knowledge that their good flying record is maintained seperately on the main server? It would allow pilots to let off steam and could also be used to test new features before being sent out on general release.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi John,

I have though about setting up a separate beta site where we could do testing like that. But before I set something else up on this server I would like to make sure the main site stays stable.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Joe,

Yep, lets get this one running sweet first.

Regards

John
ImageImage

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:10 am

The repairs have been refunded also.
So they have! Thank you very much.
Have completed 8 flights this evening on v1.0.3 with absolutely no problems. Nice work on coding and PR, much appreciated.

G

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 am

Hi Joe..

First flight on 1.0.3 A-OK :wink: Noticed route time calculation on target too :D

Nice idea to have a mirror site for next releases but agree this one has to be stable first :wink:

ATB

DaveB

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:48 am

On behalf of the crew over at Venture Hawaii, thank you very much!!! :D

Cheers,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Gents :) I think you have a winner

Just trundled down for Dundee to Newcastle - perfect flight EVERYTHING worked just like it says on the tin

Thank you very much for all your efforts

The other Venture CEO :D
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

chelseamad
Ticket Agent

Post by chelseamad » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Guys,
Just completed flight from EBBR to EGKK with the new client and all went well with no problems. :D
Thanks guys for sorting the problems out.

Steve
CEO Airlink EXPRESS

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Guy's..

I may have been a bit premature saying that the route time calculation was on target. Just flown EGJJ-EGJB.. DH89.. 21nm and the client offered me 4mins! :shock: Actual flight time.. 16mins.

No great hassle as I know how long, give or take, a flight is going to be.

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:29 pm

We're finding some issues where flightsim is somehow updating its time to synch with "real time" and it's causing issues. This is either being done through a third-party software or from FSUIPC. This seems to be allowing the time to change and thus the erroneous times. There isn't a way to suppress this by default that I can find, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Had a 5 hours flight from HECA to LPPT.
Upon landing the client said Landed. Perfect. After activating parking brakes I closed the client and got a error writing to memory. causing the flight not logged at all.
As I had this error before only with version 1.3 and not with the previous versions, I guess something is wrong with the 1.3.
5 hours gone... The signature told me during this journey I still was in the hangar. No time to fly this flight to-morrow so the booking cost me another penalty. Hihihi got more penalties then some pocket money :-)
Regards,
Ruud.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:23 am

Hi Chris :D

I don't have any addon 'FS Time' software progs running as I've found the UK still gets hit being on a meridian (THE meridian) so it's default plus addon scenery for me plus 'full' FSUIPC which I've not fiddled with other than extending battery life :wink: It's certainly not a problem showing a much reduced duration calculation but.. should this be general, if a fix can't be found.. it might be better to not show it in future releases :wink: After all.. by this point, we should all be pretty aware of what to expect regarding flight times :D

As with Ruud.. I no longer see any progress on the progress line as I did before. It shocked me a little to see anything as I have tracker turned off but in previous releases, the progress line did seem to work regardless. Again.. not an issue (for me) :wink:

EDIT..
Oh.. no bings or bongs in this release. Flights appear to be logged ok though :wink:

EDIT#2..
D'oh!! I've since found you can select them on or off so disregard the last edit. I'll leave it there as others might find it useful :wink:

ATB

DaveB

Heretic
Ticket Agent

Post by Heretic » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:27 pm

The first FS Airlines client I'm trying and it doesn't work for me. :/

1) Says my FSUIPC version is wrong. It requires 4.300, I have 4.306 (development release containing fixes I don't want to lose).
Suggestion: Only check if the latest official release is installed, not for an exact
match.

2) Displays "Wrong Airport" and doesn't let me start my flight. Rolling (and/or slewing) forward as suggested didn't do the trick.
The airport uses add-on scenery.

My FSX version is SP2, if this is of any relevance.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 pm

1. This will be fixed in the upcoming version 1.04. The installed FSUIPC version must then be equal or higher than the required minimum FSUIPC version.

2. If it is an addon scenery the airport is propably not in our database. You then have to submit a request for this airport to be added.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Heretic,

You don't let us know who you are! Which VA and pilot ID are you?

Ref 1) until DK publishes the fix perhaps you could use the version the client wants.

Ref 2) what airport are you trying to depart from ?

Regards

John
ImageImage