Leased but not available

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Leased but not available

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

As two aircraft are under maintenance for 24 hours, I leased two aircraft but after a few hours they are still not available (transfer in progress)
How much time does it take before we actually can use them?
One is leased from UK Direct, the other one from QXE Air (Don't know if this info is needed)
Regards,
Ruud.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Leased but not available

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi,

Whenever you transfer an aircraft now there is a delay calculated according to distance of transfer/cruise speed of aircraft and number of stops required due to a/c range. This was introduced on FSA to simulate the time it would take to transfer an aircraft in RL as opposed to the previous 'Star Trek transporter room' instant transfers :) .

Regrads

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

Whenever you transfer an aircraft now there is a delay calculated according to distance of transfer/cruise speed of aircraft and number of stops required due to a/c range. This was introduced on FSA to simulate the time it would take to transfer an aircraft in RL as opposed to the previous 'Star Trek transporter room' instant transfers :) .
Regrads
John
That means by the time the aircraft under maintenance is back I still might be waiting on the one we leased?
I can't forsee exactly by the day an aircraft must be under maintenance so there is no need for leasing or the leased aircraft is at the same airport...
Ok thanks for the info. I will return the leased aircraft right away!
Regards,
Ruud.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi,

Go to your aircraft info page and it tells you when your aircraft is expected back from maintenance.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:10 am

Quantum wrote:Hi,

Go to your aircraft info page and it tells you when your aircraft is expected back from maintenance.
Regards
John
I know that. Today at 0954 she returns. The leased one will arrive at 1300. So it had no use to lease an aircraft. I thought to give my pilots that service as we have only one 747. That's why we had to buy another heavy for this reason. To lease has no use at all due to that waiting time.
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Or, you lease before you put the aircraft into maintenance to allow the lease aircraft to arrive. This is how it's done in the real world. The delay is there to give an incentive to fly the aircraft if you need to move it a long distance instead of transferring it. It's a change, but I think it's a change for the better becuase it makes you actually consider your routing and minimize how much you spend transferring aircraft from dead-end routes.