overweight...

Please report Bugs and Problems here
flightsimer
Chief Pilot

overweight...

Post by flightsimer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:01 am

cant takeoff when over wait... though thats true, it wasnt over wait. the entry for the 737-800 is off by close to 10k kgs.
Maximum Takeoff Weight 174,200 lb (79,010 kg)
its listed at 70,534 in the client
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

MMattyK
Captain

Re: overweight...

Post by MMattyK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:11 am

There is definately something amiss with this part of the client.
I booked a flight with my DH -104 (Dove), which can carry up to 11 pax. I loaded a little fuel, and the client said that the A/C was overweight, by so much that even with no fuel on board, the aircraft would be overweight with a full pax load, so I changed the pax load and completed the flight, however on finishing the flight, the database said that I had 11 pax on board!
This part of the client needs to be looked at, if pax numbers are reduced in the preflight (after booking) then surely they will have to be changed for the profit/loss calculations.
Incidentally I think the weights must incorrect in the DB for the Dove, for this issue even to have presented itself, but it was an odd occurrence.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:52 am

I think you will find that as the only Dove available for FS is Derek Palmers Mk5 then the numbers in the database are incorrect

The only "11" seat Dove was the Canadian conversion the most a standard Dove could carry was 9 passengers and two crew
so the Database needs changing there - I know the friendly folks from CBFS are updating the British aircraft in the data base
with correct numbers - hopefully some one will also update the other aircraft in the correct manner
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Leif (et-al)..

Derek's Dove has 11 stations.. 2 for FD crew, 8 for pax and one for baggage but.. according to DH documentation, the majority of Dove Mk's could be fitted with 11 passenger seats. These include.. Srs1, 1A, 1B, 5, 5A, 5B, 5BA. The 6's obviously weren't due to the VIP fit which specified 4-6 passenger seats :wink: So.. in theory, Derek's model could be made to accommodate 11 bods in close formation though to do it properly, the stations would have to be changed.

Does this mean that FSA can now check stations or is it simply that the database is incorrect?? I presume the latter otherwise much will not be taking off :lol:

EDIT..
Having eventually managed to prize myself into the database.. it would appear that the empty weight (DOW) is off the mark by some way. Listed as 3094kg, the actual figure should be 2599kg - the model reflects 2596kg which is close enough to not need a sliderule :D This doesn't leave a lot left for crew, passengers and fuel does it! Database MAUW is correct at 3992kg.. MZFW, you got me there :lol:

EDIT#2..
I've edited the database to reflect 2596kg DOW and given it a range of 931nm/1070miles. Hopefully, this will work when the DB team have verified the info :wink:

ATB

DaveB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Dove edit accepted.

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Cheers John :wink:

There you go Mat.. give the old girl a try now :D

ATB

DaveB

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:54 pm

certainly willl...she's a fantastic 'old girl' to fly, but then again I have a thing for dehavilland aircraft...

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Me too Mat.. an inordinate amount of my 2000-odd VA hours have been spent in one :wink:

ATB

DaveB