GRRRR - Client crash

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Copyrighter1
Flight Attendant

GRRRR - Client crash

Post by Copyrighter1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 am

Orginal plan was to fly from Sydney to Hong Kong - ran out of fuel so declared emergancy and landed at Zamboanga Intl. Flight was recorded and negative profit made. Reset the client, flew from Zamboanga to Hong Kong after filling up. Landed safetly in rather stormy weather, shut down engines and ended the flight. Wrote a comment and pressed "End Flight" and the client crashes!!!!!

This is really annoying as my airline has now lost 100 mil from the refueling flight and we've gained no profit and I don't have the time to fly the rest of the journey between now and 24 hours.

What should I do? Theres no PIREP file that was recorded.
Hugo Will
CEO of Southern Blue

MMattyK
Captain

Re: GRRRR - Client crash

Post by MMattyK » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:27 pm

I think this may be an issue with recording comments, as I had this happen on two runs of the same flight. The third time, I didn't enter any comments, and all was fine.
can I suggest you try a short flight with the client without entering any comments and see if that works for you too.

XR219

Post by XR219 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Can confirm that entering comments causes a client crash. :wink:

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Guy's..

I think I've written elsewhere that although I've not had a client crash (as such) when entering a comment in the comments field.. the client certainly hasn't worked correctly the next time it's been opened. Instead of the usual 'start flight' selection I've had show report, upload report, delete report :roll: Only when the 'delete report' button has been pressed has the correct 'start flight' screen appeared. Stopped making comments and it's not happened since :wink:

ATB

DaveB