DING DONG

Please report Bugs and Problems here
simondix

DING DONG

Post by simondix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Whist all this discussion on various penalties has been going on, I have yet to hear on the new client a ding dong, buzz or any form of sound when I have transgressed, rightly or wrongly. The only time I have found out is after I have ended the flight. Has anyone else got or had the same problem.

Simon

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: DING DONG

Post by DaveB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi Simon :)

You should get an audible sound when you takeoff and an audible sound as your main gear touches down (though why I'm still not sure) :roll: There are no bong's when you've picked up a penalty.. just a text message on the top of the screen (if you have this option ticked) so.. if you don't have the text option selected, the first you'll know about any transgression is on the status page of the client after you've landed (or before if you have the client open on another screen or reduce FS during the flight).

For my part.. I much prefered the 'bong' as soon as you'd made an error. In fact, I much prefered the old 'sound' setup on FlyNET. A beep when your roll exceeds 5kts.. a bong if you faux pas and finally.. a ding dong after applying the parking brake showing that the flight is complete. It all made sense and I can't imagine why it was changed :? TBH.. I find the current text line annoying but keep it on just in case I miss something!! We all know when we're rolling, taking off, climbing, cruising, descending, cruising, descending, cruising, descending (yeh.. it's mad isn't it) and finally when we've landed. I've yet to see any comment here that gives the new sound/text setup a thumbs up I'm afraid. NOTE TO PROGRAMMERS.. Can we have the old sound/text setup back please :wink:

ATB

DaveB

XR219

Post by XR219 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:52 pm

Agree regards the texts line, its infuriating! But I suspect the program is reading lines that are logged to the tracker, so everytime you change alt you get a green bar of text. Not sure how it was done in the old client, possibly 2 different bits of code which may have made the tracker more buggy?

chelseamad
Ticket Agent

Post by chelseamad » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:08 am

I agree the old sound/text set up on Flynet was much better so can we have it back please.

Steve
CEO Airlink EXPRESS

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:31 am

Hi

Regarding the BING BONG sound on take off and landing. I like the idea of having a sound on take off as it reassures me that the Client has not crashed early in my flight. If I don't hear the sound on take off I shrink FSX and look at the Client. If it has crashed I can restart FSX without having much time wasted. If these sounds were not present at all then I may not realise that the Client has crashed, do a full flight and then find out it has crashed at the end of a 6 hours flight. I will say though that I wish the BING BONG would only be used for end of flight, and that a different sound would be used for the take-off and landing.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)