Flight not recorded PART2!

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ehasanov

Flight not recorded PART2!

Post by ehasanov » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi

Just completed flight from LDSP to LDZA. Flight went ok, landed got the bong noise parked up and shut down engines. Went to client and hit end flight button, client vanished and flight is back to booked state at LDSP and not registered.
Tried two times, same result.
After Ending flight, still shows that flight is booked (when I go to FSAirliners webpage)

Thanks in advance

Edin

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Flight not recorded PART2!

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 pm

What version of FS are you using? Did you type anything into the comment box, if so what?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ehasanov

Post by ehasanov » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:09 am

Hi
I didn't type anything in comment box.
FS Airliners shows that everything is OK after Landing, but flight is not recorded.
I'm using Fs9 version with newest version of FSUIPC.

Thanks

Tomesk
Ticket Agent

Post by Tomesk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:24 am

FSX, new FSUIPC. Last night used FSAirlines 1.00, tonight used 1.02.

Both flights seemed fine but no trace of either.

Has setting parking brake at the end of a flight been removed? Tried it and waited but heard no indication. Did hear audible "dings" for takeoff and touchdown however.

Hope you get this worked out soon. :(

Tomesk

XR219

Post by XR219 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 am

Hi Tomesk,

Its just struck me in your last post about the parking brake at the end of the flight that you maybe haven't read the instructions for the FS airlines client?

The flight only ends when you go back to the client and click on the "End Flight" button. It no longer happens automatically when the parking brake is applied. If you haven't been hitting the end flight button, this could explain why it is as if your flight never happened. :wink:

Tomesk
Ticket Agent

Post by Tomesk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks XR219. I did click the end flight button both times.

I would love to read the instructions for the new client but can't find anywhere.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:46 pm

Same thing with me.

Last night I flew VHA4611 KPIT - KORD in a V810 using v1.02 of the client. The day before that I had successfully flown VHA4610 KLGA - KPIT in the same aircraft using v1.0 of the client.

Last night I got the usual chime noise after liftoff, checked the the flight tracker whilst enroute (just to make sure I was indeed enroute), and then landed. Set the parking brake, went to the client, hit the end flight button and then the client informed me I was still boarding in KPIT. No credit for the flight.

I hope this all gets sorted out.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

Tomesk
Ticket Agent

Post by Tomesk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:15 pm

Got my problem sorted out. Operator error :lol:

Need to hit "End Flight" twice. First time brings up comment box, second time proceeds to flight review (and submission I assume).

Looks good. Does this mean that we can now land at a secondary airport (refueling, etc...) before proceeding to the final destination?

XR219

Post by XR219 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Good point Tomesk! :lol:

It is a pain as theres no indication that you need to do it lol. I discovered it during the BETA testing and had forgotten all about it, your correct its not very intuitive. :lol:

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Hmmm...can't remember if I hit end flight twice or not......

Guess I might have another go at it....

It would be nice if there were a quick little cheat sheet included of the proper sequence to do things with the client, or on the front page. Another nice thing for the front page or an included readme file would be a summary of what has been fixed, improved upon, or changed with each new client release.

Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Welllll....I flew the flight again last night and didn't have any problems at the end getting the flight recorded. My previous problem may have well been due to a case of operator error, in that I might not have hit the end button twice :oops:

I'll just keep flying and see what happens...

Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

XR219

Post by XR219 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Great stuff Scott. Keep us posted on how it goes. :D