Possible Airplane State Bug

Please report Bugs and Problems here
flyboy1971
Ticket Agent

Possible Airplane State Bug

Post by flyboy1971 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I just recently flew a flight in our A320 from KORD to CYYZ. The plane was at 100% as it had been under maintenance and not flown since. These are the numbers after the flight.

Hull State % 100.00
Gear State % 100.00
Engine No 1 State % 97.40
Engine No 2 State % 100.00

I know on the old system that a plane would be at 100% and as soon as we pushed back and started the engines that the States Fell because of normal wear and tear. The Gear state was affected depending on how hard the Pilot hit the runway on landing. I generally land pretty soft on touchdown but there is always a little damage to the gear. In this flight it shows My Engine #1 sustained some damage during the flight and if it would have been a long flight a possible failure but nothing else was affected.

I don't mind the engine failures I have been training my pilots to fly and land with an engine out it is part of there checkrides. We have been preparing for this since we found out about more realistic failures were going to be programmed in.

Being a Real World Pilot I understand how anything can go wrong at anytime no matter how new or old the plane is or how much flight time it has on it.

Phillip
REA PREZ

XR219

Re: Possible Airplane State Bug

Post by XR219 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi Phillip,

These are know bugs and are being worked on. See some of the other posts further down. :wink:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Possible Airplane State Bug

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 pm

I found the problem and this will be fixed in the next release (v1.0.3).
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.