Let´s go back to flynet

Please report Bugs and Problems here
swd227
Ticket Agent

Let´s go back to flynet

Post by swd227 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:05 am

Is there any possibility to go back to flynet version meanwhile you continue checking this version as a BETA?
I can not flight. It said, that i have the wrong FSUIPC, and that i have a wrong aircraft, and that was not true.
My name is Carlos Montenegro
My airline name is "transporte aéreo patagónico Virtual"
Carlos
Carlos Montenegro
Ceo - Transporte Aéreo Patagónico Virtual

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Let´s go back to flynet

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 am

Sorry we can't go back, there were too many problems with that site that could not be fixed. We will work through the issues with this one soon as we can.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:39 am

I think I have an idea why would it came with so many problems. Are you programing with OS windows XP with SP3?
If that´s afirmative, some of the system components are just for people who uses that Service pack, I will try to update mine and then will post comments.
Carlos
Carlos Montenegro

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 pm

joefremont wrote: We will work through the issues with this one soon as we can.
Yes and thank you and I hope everyone reads this and understands this. were ALL guilty of not flying enough with this new client when we had the chance, so let's not whine about it now. Lets fly flights and report problems so they can be resolved... and lets do it without the tears people :lol: :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm

I have been flying during the developement of the Airliners client and i never could even install it properelly, so i continued flying with flynet because i thought it was a bug from the system of the server.
Now i am flying up to 5 hs a day for nothing because each time i flight i have no possitive answer form the client it crashes each time i "end the flight".
I have given format to my PC, reintalled the client, reinstalled flight simulator and and even though i have reinstalled my SO with SP3 there was no good news with the crashing of the client.

Brian, I am spending up to 5 hours a day flying in different situations, in my opinion there are no tears what we have in the eyes, what we have is the iniciative of flying in the ailines but it is impossible to do so if the client is steel crashing. One effective solution is to try to simulate the other client call FLYNET embeled in AIRLINERS client, because the problem is the final part of the flight, that means the part in which the sistem analysis the flight and report to Airliners server.

Concluding... I think that bouth systems have throubles with the server, but FLYNET was more flyable than AIRLINERS. saying this, I am not crying just telling my personal opinion, I had to disolve my airtline because all pilots were little not comfortable with the situation, even though. i am still here following the aim of this wonderfull project.

I hope the problem would be solved in a short time. Meanwhile i will try to contact people who is flying so that i han ask for information about the PC state, the OS, and other info that can help.

Carlos Montenegro
"Transporte Aéreo Patagónico Virtual"
Carlos Montenegro

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Sorry, but yours is an isolated issue. Many more pilots are successfully flying every day and not having this problem.

One thing you haven't done yet (or at least told us you've done yet) is try to fly this flight again WITHOUT FSAirlines active. It may sound like a waste of time, but if you can complete the flight without FSAirlines, then the problem may be in the client. Otherwise, it's a problem with your scenery, something that is common with FS, especially if you add on scenery over top of each other and forget to ensure you don't duplicate the AFCAD files for an airport. A crash on final is usually indicative of this as it shows that the sim is attempting to load 2 AFCADs for the same location, something it doesn't like.

Before blaming the client for your problem, you need to ensure it's not something else, and I don't see any evidence of that from you. This is a problem because it only becomes complaining, not constructive help. We can't solve a problem unless we know what's causing it, and so far no one having this issue has been able to show that it's conclusively the client causing this crash because so many others with very similar systems are not having the same problem.

XR219

Post by XR219 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 pm

To Add to Chris's comments repeatedly doing a 5 hour flight without changing any of the variable is a waste of your time and will only make you more frustrated. If you've done as Chris suggests and it looks like the client is causing the issue, best wait for an update before trying again. :wink:

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:04 pm

I had this problem, but it looks as if it may be related to putting in a comment. I think, (not a programmer) but in the last version of flynet, we had to use the enter key to ensure the comments were logged. When I did this, twice in succession the client crashed (perhaps due to detecting the control charcter in the comment), but on the third repeat flight, the flight completed (still with the taxi overspeed problem) when I ignored the enter comment box displayed, and just used end flight.
Hope this helps

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

I think that you are not following my message:
I will try to explain to you what is comeing on from the begining to the end of the flight.
1) I start my sim in comercial plataform from the airport with parcking set and Engines set off
2) Open the client, fuel up the aircfaft and press next till appears the messaje of STATUS: boarding. lights and all the rest of status shown. Minimize the client
3) Start up the aircraft make all my flight normaly
4)land my aircraft, go to platform, set parking brakes and stop my engines.
5) Maximize the client and press "end flight" an then appears to write a messaje, I pressed next with and without message wrote.
6) it says loading.... and in a few seconds windows shows a message saying "unexpected error, AIRLINERS.EXE", must close, you press to affirm and the message and the client closes itself. Meanwhile MY FLIGHT SIMULATOR STILL IS CONECTED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
Carlos
PD: I flight every day in VATSIM and no thing seems to me happening with my simulator. I do not use any extra scenery in my flight simulator, And i uses the default B350 from FS2004. So please I will accept any help.

I add My pics and my debug.out file.
platform.JPG
platform.JPG (148.38 KiB) Viewed 7997 times
engines started.JPG
engines started.JPG (141.92 KiB) Viewed 7997 times
holding point.JPG
holding point.JPG (137.81 KiB) Viewed 7996 times
Carlos Montenegro

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:31 pm

land.JPG
land.JPG (149.88 KiB) Viewed 7992 times
land2.JPG
land2.JPG (121.03 KiB) Viewed 7989 times
land3.JPG
land3.JPG (120.52 KiB) Viewed 7984 times
Carlos Montenegro

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

land4.JPG
land4.JPG (122.45 KiB) Viewed 7982 times
crash.JPG
crash.JPG (150.04 KiB) Viewed 7978 times
debug.rar
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Carlos Montenegro

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 pm

Well.. I dunno about you lot but that looks pretty convincing to me. Unfortunately, it's not conclusive. Let's hope the debug file gives the boys something to go on :wink:

ATB

DaveB

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am

I apreciate what you say. I was starting to fill like a little crazy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carlos Montenegro

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:23 am

:D :D

Yeh.. I understand that :wink: I have a pilot who continually gets zapped with taxi overspeed in FSA and it's not happened to him prior to FSA. You start to think.. is he really starting with the parking brake on.. is he really doing this.. is he really doing that..

There are 3 things you can do. Go to his house and fly the flight on his pc and see for yourself or accept what you're being told. The 3rd option is to see screenshots of it actually happening and this cannot be argued :wink: As I commented on my native forum this evening.. I'm surprised that anything works given the range of OS's programs have to work on these days. However.. it's also true to say that the final FlyNET Client didn't suffer such problems so there must be a way out of what we're seeing at FSA. I don't think any of us expected a complete program re-write (which is what appears to have happened) and as with anything that involves a human element.. there are going to be mistakes. There is no 'help' file with this client (as with the last) so we've all been expected to dive in and know what the various buttons are for. We've also been hitting buttons that are not yet active which has not been helpful on a 'live' program. It's easy to say that we should have all done more to test the FSA client but equally so.. FlyNET never came out of beta and how long did we fly that :wink:

Best regards

DaveB

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 am

You are a 100% correct, let´s wait some time to hear some conclutions, the client is already done, and it´s not bad, just need some more stability and a help file talking about compatibílities. In my opinion is something related with server, but I am not a programmer so i do not want to meke more noise in this forum, let´s wait.... some solucion will be found, I have done a lot of things and ne possitive answer. I thank you a lot your words, and expect to see you online :D :?
Carlos Montenegro