Let´s go back to flynet

Please report Bugs and Problems here
XR219

Re: Let´s go back to flynet

Post by XR219 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:40 am

This may seem like a stupid question, but when you finish a flight, the file gets uploaded to the server for processing when you click on the "end flight" button. Could it be your firewall (or anti Virus) is blocking the file? I know of one chap over at CBFS who has had real problems recently (not FSA, but with other sim related stuff) and it turned out ir was a program he was running called threatfire. I know that there are some security products out there that will allow tcpip communication for example, but then if a file is being sent that may get blocked.

Worth a try :wink:

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:46 am

I have tryed two things:
I made an exception with fsairliners.exe with firewall activated. The same answer
I turned firewall off. The same answer

That was my problem with FLYNET but I made an exception and that was all. I corrected the problem.
It does not seems to be the problem here.

Carlos
Carlos Montenegro
Ceo - Transporte Aéreo Patagónico Virtual

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 am

Can you do a short flight (like 30 minutes or less so it doesn't take a lot of time for you) and see if you have the same problem? If you do, please click the "Details" button (the hyperlink at the end of the failure text), copy it, and send it to support@fsairlines.net. This will let Claudio see what's going on. I have a feeling something isn't letting the program transmit the log as was mentioned before, but it can be hard to trace. It's also possible something in your system is preventing the client from operating normally.

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:25 am

That´s my feeling also, that´s why I have reinstalled windows in another version, if it is not windows it is the NOD32 antivirus, I will check right now.
Carlos
Carlos Montenegro

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 am

Well I have installed a new windows XP with SP3 and the alert window has disappear, but when I press "end flight" and then I press again to accept the comments that you can write th the box the program closes itself.
I send the debug.out[
attachment=0]debug.rar[/attachment]
Attachments
debug.rar
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Carlos Montenegro

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 pm

From my experience, and other posts, it seems there is an issue with enetereing comments that crashes the client. My suggestion is for now, dont enter any comments and see if you can then complete the flight. If this is the case, we'll be a step further along fixing the client. I think that the issue with the comments entering is using a control character in the text box (the carriage return/enter key), but hope to check this out later this weekend. If you check our VA (brussels Busy Jet) forum, and read the thread I've put in there regarding client issues in there that I've found, I'll update it when I find a solution for me. I'm going to try a couple of short flights and try and enter comments without using the return key and see if the client completes the flight without crashing.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:46 pm

It's confirmed Mat..

See topic.. http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... =86&t=4961

ATB

DaveB

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Don't know if this is your problem or not but, your CPU is at 100%. Could it be your computer will not handle the programs all being run at the same time? This is a Screen Shot of my stock B350 setting at a gate at night the same as yours running FS2004.

I also noticed your FS2004 is using 90% of your CPU and skype using 7% or your CPU, my FS2004 is only using 51% with windows using approx 9%. Now my computer is approx 3 years old, single core with AGP video card, but I keep it cleaned out (no junk and always running tune up programs). You may want to start by turning off Skype that will give you 7% and a few resources for windows to use.

My Computer Specs:
3.2 gig Single Core
1 gig memory
7600 GT OC 512 Video Card AGP-Slot
2 ea Monitors

Just trying to help
TJ

notice the CPU useage

or click below
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b350yi2.jpg
ImageImage

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:35 pm

That´s correct the CPU is at 100% and then the client closes itself.... is strange......
Carlos Montenegro

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:42 pm

I would also suggest turning off the flight tracker. This does take some CPU power and could cause some of your problem if you have a slower system.

HOWEVER using 100% CPU is NOT normally a reason for a program to fail and should not be an indication of impending failure. Most programs (including FS9) are designed to shed some processes to maintain 100% utilization of the CPU and its time. I see 100% while running FS9 by itself all the time and it never fails. It simply means that it's using all of the available capacity and it will then start shedding processes (like graphical extras and reducing FPS) to maintain 100%.

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Will check what happened without the tracker
Carlos Montenegro

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 pm

New client available guys...
Thanks admins and programmers for your help and time :)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 pm

New Client posted :-)
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

swd227
Ticket Agent

Post by swd227 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:17 am

No alert window shown but when I press end flight the client continues closing itself