Client crashing

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Ramirezzz_x

Client crashing

Post by Ramirezzz_x » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:00 am

Hello,

it's seems that nobody of our company (Moscow Air Service FlyNET) members could complete a single flight since data was transfered into fsairlines.net and the new client has been issued. It's not a crash just by some of our pilots, but all of them. For example mine is crashing while pressing on flight information button before take-off, while others loosing it after engines shutdown. But in general , everyone in our company is cut off from the flights at the moment.
What could be the cause?
Thanks in advice,

Dmitri.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Client crashing

Post by Quantum » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:08 am

Hi,

Not sure what your problem is but if you are using Windows Vista the error might occur if you DO NOT use run as administrator.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

AlexMur

Post by AlexMur » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:36 am

It happens with all pilots of our A/C.
One guy has created a new account and tried to fly from it - and it was OK. But when you try to fly by Moscow Air Service Flynet - client crashes to desktop.

Ramirezzz_x

Post by Ramirezzz_x » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

Not sure what your problem is but if you are using Windows Vista the error might occur if you DO NOT use run as administrator.

Regards

John
Hello,
Yes, I do use Vista indeed and I do use run as admin on every progam I have on my HDD. The client crashes while pressing the "flight information" button only when a flight is booked.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi,

If it's crashing when you press Flight Information, try the Fly button instead. You should know the Flight Information anyway so if you can 'Fly' OK then it's a bug with the Flight Information button only. Try it and see.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

AlexMur

Post by AlexMur » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

If it's crashing when you press Flight Information, try the Fly button instead. You should know the Flight Information anyway so if you can 'Fly' OK then it's a bug with the Flight Information button only. Try it and see.

Regards

John
When I tried to click on "Fly!" button the result was the same :(

Ramirezzz_x

Post by Ramirezzz_x » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm

same here :(

Ramirezzz_x

Post by Ramirezzz_x » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm

I know it sounds rather unrealstic but most of our pilots are using FSEconomy client as well , so maybe that could lead to some conflicts between FSE and FSAirlines client.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 am

Just did a flight using the new client, after deleting the old one. The Client gave a bong on lift, and two immediately on touch down. After applying parking brake no bong. After using the client end flight button, entered flight comment, and used end flight button again at whick point client crashed, and flight not recorded. If the use of end flight button after the flight comment window is not supposed to be used, perhaps it might be removed, and just leave the exit button available?
Either way, can someone please explain what all the bongs are, and if one is supposed to occur after the parking brake is applied.
Incidentally, there was no log file after the client crashed either, not sure if one was available before hand.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Mat :)

The few times I've tried to use the 'comment's' field, on restarting the client for a new flight I've been given the 'Show.. Upload.. Delete' page so I stopped using it. Ignoring the 'comment' field.. the client starts as it should. I meant to highlight this earlier but forgot about it when I stopped using it :oops:

ATB

DaveB

Ramirezzz_x

Post by Ramirezzz_x » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 am

I oficially ask the FSAirlines administration to transfer our company with all pilots, money , aircraft and statistics into a new one with the same name (Moscow Air Service FSAirlines). It seems that the FSAirlines server has problems with our company since nobody of our pilots (and there are almost forty of them) could complete a single flight without a crash. In fact, some of the MAS pilots couldn't even start a flight - the client crashes while pressing "flight information" buttion, just like I said before.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:37 pm

please try to delete your Airlines-Description. It is very long and has very strange characters in it. This might fail the server-connection ;)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 pm

We changed the server so it no longer sends the airline description to the client, since it did not do anything with it. So you don't need to delete it any more.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.