Aircraft still Rolling penalty

Please report Bugs and Problems here
simondix

Aircraft still Rolling penalty

Post by simondix » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

I have now twice been penalised for the End Flight being pressed whilst Aircraft still rolling. Both on the full client and not the beta. First time I pulled off the runway set the parking brake and pressed end flight, the engines were still running.

Second time, after what happened before, I taxied to the ramp, applied Parking brake, shut down the engines and again I got the penalty.

It seems this may be a bug. Is there any possibility I may have both penalties removed and more importantly could the 'bug' be looked into.

Many thanks.

Simon

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Re: Aircraft still Rolling penalty

Post by jch5pilot » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Hello Simon,

Did you end the flight as soon as you turned both engines off or did you wait a minute or two for them to run down?

Just a thought and might be worth a go while you are waiting for a response. I believe other people have also reported this issue and it is being looked into.

James

simondix

Post by simondix » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Let the engines completely stop. Switched off the electrics and lights, opened the door, made a date with the stewardess[only joking] and the did the end flight button after changing screen size.

So it had plenty of time to register.

Thanks for the thought though.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Guy's..

It does seem intermittant. One of our pilots has had this but I have not. It is also not necessary to taxi to the gate as I have yet to do so (though I do make sure I'm past the hold line at each turnoff I've used). Best thing I can suggest is to make sure your parking brake is on at the begining of the flight (as with the old client) as this starts the flight in the correct state. When you hear the bing-bong on landing.. ignore it as it seems to serve no useful purpose.. not one that I can see anyway. Slow and turnoff as normal and when you're fully stopped.. hit the parking brake. Reduce the sim and hit the end flight button on the client. You are then able to 'next' through your flightlog and after the final page, hit 'EXIT'. This has been working for me though it's true we haven't introduced known 'creepers' yet (POSKY 747 e t c) :wink:

In response to Simons post above.. I have yet to close down the engines or make sure the aircraft is cold and dark. I think the important thing is to make sure you have a clear flight behind you (error free) and to ensure correct use of the parking brake at the begining and end of the flight.

ATB

DaveB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Guys,

It has been reported elsewhere that the client is looking at IAS instead of GS. This is to be fixed in next client version. If you park into wind and there's a wind blowing you will get dinged, I suggest you park tail into wind until this problem gets resolved.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi John/et-al..

I understood this had been fixed but if it has not (I know it's flagged and set as a fix for the next client).. would it be possible for an amnesty to be introduced for pilots incurring this penalty?? We have pilots at CBFS with good records constantly getting pinged for this and it's demoralising as well as wrong. Claudio.. Konny?? What do you think??

Regarding the 'rolling' penalty.. does it really serve a useful purpose. Try as I might, I can't think of a good reason why it was introduced in the first place. :roll:

ATB

DaveB

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 pm

yup i am getting dinged nearly every flight now (using real weather), i will try the turning down wind before applying parking brake idea, next flight

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 pm

DaveB wrote: ... would it be possible for an amnesty to be introduced for pilots incurring this penalty?? We have pilots at CBFS with good records constantly getting pinged for this and it's demoralising as well as wrong. Claudio.. Konny?? What do you think??

Regarding the 'rolling' penalty.. does it really serve a useful purpose. Try as I might, I can't think of a good reason why it was introduced in the first place. :roll:
Agree wholeheartedly. The "rolling" penalty is, in my opinion, one of the very few bad ideas that the makers of FlyNET/FSAirlines has made. It's simply awful. I too find it demoralizing to carry out what would have been a 100% rating flight, only to have 5% deducted becase the wind happened to be blowing in the wrong direction. :(
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 am

You can add another one to the list.....I just got dinged for still rolling too, parking brake set, engines shut down, lights off, doors open and tail into wind. After flying with severe thunderstorms and through heavy turbulence on approach I was not a happy bunny getting penalised for something pointless.

Do we really need this?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 am

I just uploaded the new release that should have the fix for this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 am

Quantum wrote:Hi Guys,
It has been reported elsewhere that the client is looking at IAS instead of GS. This is to be fixed in next client version. If you park into wind and there's a wind blowing you will get dinged, I suggest you park tail into wind until this problem gets resolved.
Regards
John
After touch down, the client reports "Landed". Then, still rolling on the runway, a penalty is given.
Regards,
Ruud.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:20 am

Is this on v1.0.2 Ruud??

ATB

DaveB

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am

Before hitting "end flight" I clear weather.
It helps a lot :)

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 pm

DaveB wrote:Is this on v1.0.2 Ruud??
ATB
DaveB
Hi Dave,
No it happened with 1.0.0 version. I wrote my previous message during my lunchtime at the opffice (shhhh) and I did not see the message about the fix yet.
I am not able to test the client right now. I hope to resume my flight next Friday. A computer crash destroyed my long haul yesterday evening.. I am still in the hangar for a few more hours and then I think I will have a penalty again :-)
Regards,
Ruud.