Wrong Airport EGSS

Please report Bugs and Problems here
jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Wrong Airport EGSS

Post by jch5pilot » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Hello,

I Just tried to do my first flight with the new client. I booked a flight from Stansted to Edinburgh (EGSS - EGPH), prepared my aircraft on a stand at EGSS for departure and upon starting up the client and attempting to commence the flight, the client says I am at the wrong airport. I never had any problems doing flights to/from EGSS on the old client so I would be greatful if someone could look into it for me and confirm whether or not this is an issue with the new client.

James

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Wrong Airport EGSS

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi James..

I don't think this is associated with the new client as I've had it once before too. Try the flight again and if the client reports you at the wrong airport, close the client down then move foward on the runway a few feet and try again. It worked for me and oddly enough, it's only happened the once! :wink:

ATB

DaveB

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Hello Dave,

You were correct. I tried the flight again and this time it worked fine with no problems, despite doing nothing different from the first try!

Trouble is, if it has happened once, it is possible it can happen again. Hopefully it is just a one off and one of those programming mysteries.

Regards,

James

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi James..

Yup.. it's an odd one. I'd just installed Gary Summons Stansted Extreme when it happened to me and presumed that was the reason. Having had similar problems at Basle a while back (this due to the proximity of another airport in the database).. I tried the roll foward and it worked. Next time I flew using the same runway, it didn't happen :shock: Computers.. don't ya just love 'em :lol:

Glad you're sorted :wink:

ATB

DaveB