still rolling penalty

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Adrian

still rolling penalty

Post by Adrian » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi.

I just finish my first flight in fsairlines and finish th flight in plattaform with shutdown engines and parkin braks set and the system penalty with "still rolling at end flight". I dont understand, Why this?

Regards Adrian

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: still rolling penalty

Post by DaveB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:21 am

I've had a similar report from one of our pilots at CBFS Adrian. It seems he did a straightforward landing then turned off as you did.. applied the parking brakes and got caught.

I honestly don't know what the problem is as I've done one live flight EGCC to EGAA.. landed.. got the ding-dong flight status.. continued rolling to the first available turnoff (in this case, the last.. no, last but one) and stopped applying the parking brake with the main gear just over the turnoff 'hold'. As far as I can see, I wasn't penalised.

Further flights have to be done but it would be nice if current penalties were made 'temporary' until the exact cause is identified as ultimately, they will not go away as a percentage loss of 'flights made'.

ATB

DaveB

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:57 am

Adrian wrote:Hi.

I just finish my first flight in fsairlines and finish th flight in plattaform with shutdown engines and parkin braks set and the system penalty with "still rolling at end flight". I dont understand, Why this?

Regards Adrian
This is being discussed elsewhere too: http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... =86&t=4859

It's happening because Konny has put a condition into the Client that if you are doing more than 0.5 (that's half) a knot then you will be penalised for ending the flight whilst the plane is still moving. In theory this is a good idea, but in practice, at least for now, it is an awful idea. The thing that Konny didn't seem to account for is wind speed acting against the plane, even if stationary. I have been stung by this a couple of times now and it is damn well annoying. Hopefully he will rectify this soonest.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:35 am

Fixed in next version (v1.1.0). (I now use groundspeed to check for the penalty and not IAS)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming