Transfer Times

Please report Bugs and Problems here
alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Transfer Times

Post by alasizon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Transfer times are slightly off,

I attempted to transfer a Menestrel II (HN70) which has a cruise speed of 110kts, from EGCC to NZAA, however, it only took 8 hours which is way less time than it would normally take if you were to fly it(even if you could go without refueling which you can't)
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Transfer Times

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 am

Ok, I simplified the transfer time formula,

hours = distance / speed * 2 + 2 per refueling stop.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:00 am

doesnt having the transfer time defeat the point of having it? i mean, i use it to transfer aircraft between hubs and when i buy aircraft of used market. or if im at a different airport and the aircraft isnt... now i have to wait, but yet i can go in and change my personal location and not have to wait at all... if i had the time to do the flight myselft i would, but i dont, so i use the transfer but why should i have to wait for the plane? i wanna be able to get on, fly the plane i want when i want... it is a game after all, more realism= less fun. if im in the mood to fly a dc-10, then i should be able to transfer one to my location and not have to wait.

i mean wasnt the whole purpose of the transfer flights being added (not done yet i dont think or at least i didnt notice it...) so it was an option to the transfer to add some more realism without affecting all VAs?

at least couldnt the transfer times be 16x since thats the max possible time used by norm. flights?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:15 am

The point is Tyler, that in the real world an airplane wouldn't just "appear" at a new airport by pressing a magic button, so why should it in FSAirlines? The ability to transfer planes is there simply as a convenience so you don't have to create a flight and fly the plane yourself. It also makes you think about your routes so that you don't always strand your aircraft and have dead-end flights. If you flew the flight yourself as a ferry or training flight, it'd cost you more in money to make the flight than using transfer, so I think having to wait for it to "fly" to where you want it is a minor trade off.