Diversions not quite right

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Diversions not quite right

Post by Quantum » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Joe/Konnie/DK

Emergency button not quite responding in the way expected, here's pilot report for a flight EGKA - EGCR with a diversion EGKK en-route :-
All didn't quite go according to plan this time. Took off from Shoreham and when a few miles from Gatwick, I cut the LH engine then went to the client page to declare an emergency. Having hit the emergency button, it disappeared and I didn't get the page saying that I could land anywhere. However.. I continued on to Gatwick and landed.. ding dong received. Closed client. Checked at FSA and found 2 flights recorded from Shoreham to Gatwick :o

Went to book onward flight and saw 'flight already booked'. Logged out of FSA and reopened client. No way visible for me to continue. 3 options showing in the window.. show info, upload info, delete info (info not the exact word but you get the drift). Having chosen to 'delete' report (for want of something else to do).. the page then changed to the normal pre-flight. Selected Fly and continued selecting fly with no fuel taken until the 'you may start your flight now' screen showed.

Returned to sim.. started up and took off. Intention was to divert again.. this time to Redhill. No engine out this time.. hit the emergency button and it disappeared. No advice for me to continue to airfield of my choice so rather than risk it again.. continued on to Croydon. Landed ok.. got ding dong.. then another Client error (FSAirlines.exe being the module).. C++ call being the fault. On hitting the 'ok' button, the warning box and client both closed. As the flight had already ended (ding-dong) it wasn't lost. However, the flightlog still shows 3 flights when there were only two.

Not sure WTF is going on mate :dunno:
You would expect two flight reports EGKA-EGKK and EGKK-EGCR to show the landing at EGKK. Instead there were two reports generated EGKA - EGCR with $0 income and the final flight that arrived EGCR also showing route EGKA - EGKK. Both the flights that got logged when the pilot diverted got marked as possible cheats, although no excalamation is showing on the overview page. The actions to be taken when the emergency button is used isn't very clear, maybe we need to get some sort of 'client response' to let the pilot know that the emergency is acknowledged and the action to be taken to continue the flight.

Here are the three flight reports :-

http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... =368&p=382

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Diversions not quite right

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Thats odd, especially since the fact in the third flight report David used less fuel and it didn't catch it as a "possible cheat" like the other two.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Just attempted to simulate an emergency(gear wouldn't retract). Pressed the emergency button, it sent me back to FS and the emergency button disappeared and there was nothing telling where I could divert back to or anything, only thing it said was "Flight State-Climb". Went back to the client and discovered both it and FS had frozen.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Have you enabled the Option "display text in Flight Simulator". If yes you should see a short message "you can now land at any destination you want" or so. Maybe this option is a bit confusing, because it doesn't give a lot of feedback. If the Emergency Button disapears it is acutally a sign, that the click has been registered as this is the normal behaviour.

I'm going to have a close look at it as I have never tested it very intensively...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi,

Another report from same pilot :-
FSA reported via text bar in FS that I could divert but not in the client page as previously happened. Flight penalised for landing at wrong airport which seems to defeat the object a little

Reopened client and went through the rigmarole of checking the 3 available reports (one of which showed I was at ZLDH??) and deleting the previous report (bottom button) allowed me to continue. However, FSA reported me at EGKK when I was in fact at EGTD (Dunsfold). I've no addon scenery for Dunsfold so it has to be default. Could not continue until I closed the client and moved to EGKK. Do we assume that FSA will put us to the nearest airport we operate from rather than the airport we're at??

EDIT..
Final for this flight.
Right!! Landed at Portsmouth and got ding dong. Made comment in comments field.. selected end flight and got ntdll.dll error Looking at FSA.. it has my first leg as EGCR to EGKK and pilot status has me enroute However, clicking on the info button for that flight, I am shown as Landed Most frustrating
I know reason for showing at EGKK is due to EGTD Not being in database so ignore that bit.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,

My first flight in FSA. Intentional diversion en-route.

First sector accurately recorded landing at diversion airfield.
Second sector reported departure from origin not diversion.
Penalties not always being picked up - didn't use landing lights. Picked up flights ended without parking brake OK.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am

Hi,

On my return flight I again diverted having uplifted some fuel at EGES. Fuel purchase gets logged on first flight but as it was a diversion there is no profit/loss. Onward flight to EGPA doesn't take into account original fuel purchase so the fuel uplift was free! :D Thankyou FSAirlines.
ImageImage