Known Beta and Website Problems

Please report Bugs and Problems here
alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Known Beta and Website Problems

Post by alasizon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 pm

If your problem is not listed below, feel free post a reply and we will try to assist you with solving your problem

Known Beta Problems:
  • 1)The penalty system does not record all of the infractured penalties

2)Users with the newest version of the client (the one that does not require the Visual Studio Libraries) are seeing a red login button and sometimes have it freeze.
    • Partial Solution: For users who have it freeze, this may be due to your internet connection, it could just take some time.
    3)While sending the flight report to the database the client will have an "unexpected error occur" and require to be closed.
    • Solution: Reopen FS Airlines client and resend the data report and all should be fixed once you reopen the FSA client again.
    4)Airlines that have been created since June are not in the database
    • Solution: Create your VA, ask for money from Konny/DK/Joe and purchase whatever aircraft you want, all aircraft purchase will dissapear when the current database is transferred over
    5)If you have switched airlines, merged, bought aircraft or any other database action since June, it is not reflected in the database.
    • Solution: If you merged or switched airlines, apply and have the current CEO accept your application. If your airline does not exist yet see the solution above this. If you bought aircraft since the last time the database was copied over, either use your current aircraft or buy more if you have enough v$ to. If you have kicked out a pilot or pro/demoted someone, feel free to do it again as you feel fit.
    6)The sidebar ads currently only show the sameone regarless if you have placed one.
    Should be fixed now!

7)When logging in, the advertisement may just be a small box even if you placed an ad yourself
    Should be fixed for new ad-uploads!

8)Your multiplier has decreased
    • This is the new system and is not a bug, this is your most up to date multiplier
    9)Your airline is in provisional status
    • This will go away once we transfer the rest of the data to the new server, your VA will be in the status it is here at the time of the transfer. If your VA has not been created here on FlyNet and only on FSAirlines, please create it here
    10)Your user account does not exist
    • Solution:Create your user account and start/join a VA, when the data is transferred over your status will be as it is now.
    11)Your VA's logo does not show up on the flight monitor
    • Solution: See number five
    12)You are unable to book a flight/your flight is not recognized by the client
    • Partial Solution: If you booked a private flight, make sure you and your aircraft are at the departure airport as shown in your info card(bottom of your profile). If you booked a VA flight, make sure your client does not have a pending report that is waiting to be sent to the database.
    13) The flight monitor does not show the accurate positioning of your aircraft

14)The statistics page uses passenger miles and load when showing cargo miles and load
Last edited by alasizon on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Re: Beta Issues

Post by Tomb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:00 pm

does not work for me, it just sits thier with a red login button after i have typed login and password

no error reported so i dont kmow if its a password problem or what

alasizon

Re: Beta Issues

Post by alasizon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Tomb,

If you have changed your pw since you left BJ, it will require the old password also try reinstalling the 2008 Visual Redistribuable, part of it may have become corrupted due to a new program.

If neither of those work, wait till Claudio is back on and sees this.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Known Beta and Website Problems

Post by DaKurt » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:23 am

the database used on fsairlines is quite old, so if you registered after june you are not in the database. Plase register again and create a new airline, or wait till tomorrow when we put the current flynet database on fsairlines.

Sorry for those problem, but we'll get rid of them soon... :)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:42 am

No problem Claudio,

Just adding them to the list as I see them so that you know about them.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm

its not that, i can log in and book flights, i just cant actually fly them due to client malfunction.

old (current) flynet works fine

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Tomb wrote:its not that, i can log in and book flights, i just cant actually fly them due to client malfunction.

old (current) flynet works fine
Tomb,

Do you have a screenshot of what the client looks like on startup?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:00 pm

bit like this
Attachments
FSAirlines.exe 2008-59-13 215903.jpg
FSAirlines.exe 2008-59-13 215903.jpg (76.09 KiB) Viewed 8075 times

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:07 am

Tomb,

If you haven't done a fresh reinstall it may help, if not, Claudio's next beta version might fix this problem.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:25 am

i deleted all i could find of the previous 1.6

reinstalled the download client

the problem is almost certainly with the client as i exist and can book flights (under busy jet), just can not fly them

as before original flynet works fine, fsairlines does not

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 am

addressing problem 2: Sometimes it looks like the client freezes when logging in, because it connects the database to get the user informations. Depending on the internet-speed and traffic on the page it can take a while. I just had the same problem on another machine and just waiting helped.

simondix

Post by simondix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Did a flight from EGPE-EGLL today. Got all the right pings and end flight on landing. Has not registered the flight and still shows me at EGPE and the flight CBFT803 as booked.

Simon

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 pm

ok beta0 said i needed a new version so something must be happening i guess so i have beta01 installed and back to the above screen, what files should exist, becuase i thinking they are not all getting installed

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Only the "sound" folder and the fsairlines.exe should be in your directory. We have currently a problem with the upload of a report. It gets uploaded but somehow the client receives a problem and thinks it is not. We will have to wait for Joe to check this one...

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:20 pm

simondix wrote:Did a flight from EGPE-EGLL today. Got all the right pings and end flight on landing. Has not registered the flight and still shows me at EGPE and the flight CBFT803 as booked.

Simon
Open your client back up and "upload" the current saved report, it should fix it.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin