Side-by-Side Configuration

Please report Bugs and Problems here
A319CJ

Side-by-Side Configuration

Post by A319CJ » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Guys, Im going to pick you minds now because I have mine

Right I have downloaded the new beta for FSAirlines, I hope it will be nice to me compared to the other FlyNET client. It hasnt!

When I try running the application it brings up the message
'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Please see the application event log for more detail.'

I have followed advise on the Microsoft website and nothing has helped, I have even reformatted my HDD to see if it would make a difference. As for the previous FlyNET Client I just want to beat my head against a wall as it gives me a ' Inccorect Login Data', I think I can nail this down to my proxy but its only since my new router was installed. I have opened the port 3306 and still nothing. The reason I say proxy is because I typed this message using a Proxy Bypass website as I can view flynet.turksim. But I can log on to the FSAirlines website? Im confused

I have tryed disabling all my firwalls. (Windows, Router, Norton)
I have uninstalled Norton as I know it blocks Squwak Box on this machine I have done everything I know to try and solve the issue.

If anyone can help would be really grateful as Im almost ready to throw the towel in with FlyNET and FSAirlines.

Cheers
CJ

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Right i'm sure your feedback will be useful.

Now my semi-rant
When you downloaded the client you should have known that it's in alpha testing and in its v1.1 state. What does that mean? Well it means that you are helping compile data from your flights and your problems/bugs need to be reported (which you have). But statements like you are willing to throw in the towel aren't helpful. There is no problem with you staying using flynet as your FSAirlines flights count for nothing for your virtual company anyway. You don't understand what an alpha test is fine. But don't rant at us. Also if you find a problem with flyNET post it here as we're testing that to (beta) http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
Thanks
Geoff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:07 am

Courtney, as was said by Geoff, FSAirlines is still in early Alpha test and what goes on there has no bearing on FlyNET operations. As long as FlyNET works on your system, then you're in good shape.

As far as the FSAirlines client and its error, you need to go into whatever folder you installed FSAirlines to, open the filed named "Debug" and post it to the appropriate forum where Claudio, the programmer, can take a look at it. As well, I would look at the forum specifically for the FSAirlines client test and read the support topics already there as it sounds to me like a problem that has already been addressed.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:12 am

hmmmm, if you have the side by side problem try to download the first link concerning this problem in the "known problems" forum...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming