FSAirlines v1.0a - Known Problems

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Cant get Flight Briefing and doesn,t appear to be any way of fueling the aircraft.Apart from these two everything worked OK.
Yours Stan

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:55 pm

what exactly do you mean with flight briefing?

...I left out other fueling methods because I thought it makes it only more complicated. The Client detects how much fuel is in the aircraft when you start your flight and that's the amount that it uses to calculate how much fuel you bought...quite simple. :)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

jadan64
Ticket Agent

Post by jadan64 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:22 pm

hm.. and where do we buy the fuel? do we have to use the FS9-fuelfeature? For me, you could put the feature back in :-)

nice layout though, it did work fine for me, but at the end, I think the client was lost. Nice feature to have it on screen in FS9 btw.

It stopped after take off, no msg about cruising, or approaching. After hitting the parking brakes nothing happened either...

hope this helps you wqith alpha-testing.

if this is a stable client, its a keeper for me, it is :)

Jan

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:29 pm

yes, exactly, you fuel your plane up, just like you want using your flightsimulator, start up the client and start your flight. (I might put the old methods back in again if there is a request...)

It's strange that it lost connection to the flightsimulator. I'll add some more detailed debug informations soon, so that such problems are easier to trace. Good to hear that you like it :)

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Flight briefing or manifest,lets one know how many passengers are on board also how much cargo.
Yours Stan

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:11 pm

it's all listed in "Flight Information"...

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Installed per link 1. and client is now opening and I can log in. debug and proto files created in the instal folder. Will do further testing when I can.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

jadan64
Ticket Agent

Post by jadan64 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:12 pm

kurt,

is there perhaps a strange connection between the old and the new client? I tried a flight afterwards from Luton to Aberdeen with the Tinmouse. Crashed, whilst standing on the platform. Flynet even showed up a negative (!!!) fuelamount in the tanks of the Tinmouse...

The rep of VHA is down to 33 due to this :evil:

cheerio

Jan

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:57 pm

no, a connection between the new and the old client is not possible. They are connecting to two totally different servers...

It always helps a lot if users when users post their username and full VA name when they experience any problems, so that I can easily look up the data in the database...

Do I get it right, that you experienced this problem when you flew with the BETA Client (not the new ALPHA client) on flynet.turksim.org? Normally it is quite impossible that your reputation sinks when the client crashes, because the client normally only recalculates the reputation at the END of a flight. But you said that the Client didn't even recognize a Take Off or Landing, right?

But, please post this in BETA Forum, because it shouldn't have anything to do with the alpha.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:42 pm

DaKurt wrote:yes, exactly, you fuel your plane up, just like you want using your flightsimulator, start up the client and start your flight. (I might put the old methods back in again if there is a request...)

It's strange that it lost connection to the flightsimulator. I'll add some more detailed debug informations soon, so that such problems are easier to trace. Good to hear that you like it :)
request... request...

ya i like the detailed method... it was easiest for me...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 am

I second that.
Detailed is less confusing :)

I will do a test flight tonight with the new client. I like the new look anyway :)
Thanks guys.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 am

I agree with the others Claudio, we need to be able to refuel within the client since once the client is loaded we cannot access the fuel & payload manager inside FS.

I think the source of the confusion is the less-than-ideal explanation of what each mode does, however that can be rectified fairly easily by simply having all 3 methods on screen at the same time under the radial buttons and the inactive modes "greyed out" when not selected.

The idea goes like this - when using the "Standard" or "Detailed mode" the inactive mode shows what it would had you used that mode. So when you get to the fuel loading page, the "Compare" method will be selected by default and both the "Standard" and "Detailed" boxes will be completely greyed out. However, the Standard mode box will show the fuel on board per FlyNET and the Detailed box will show how it's present in each tank on the airplane, you just won't be able to modify those boxes (yet). Then, when you select "Standard" its box turns white and editable so you can simply enter the new fuel amount and when you do that, the "Detailed" mode boxes adjust to show where that fuel would be loaded. From there, if you don't like how it's going to load, you can select the "Detailed" mode and edit it. Conversely, if you select the "Detailed" mode, when you edit each fuel box as required, the amount showing in the locked "Standard" mode box adjusts to reflect the new "total" that would be loaded onto the aircraft.

This removes 2 additional pages of information, and allows for you to see both the total being put in and where it's going at all times, something the current client doesn't do.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Not sure how much of this site is supposed to be operational but on the flight i just did EGNM TO EGCC the profit made was not added to my finances.
Yours Stan

Redhmt
Ticket Agent

Post by Redhmt » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi, Any flight using new client has NO affect on your va account, you need to use old client for commercial flights as new one is released for beta testing.

Phil

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:57 pm

I am aware of the fact that the cash made on the flight on "FSAirlines" does not affect my account on "FLYNET". What i am saying is that my account on "FSAirlines" was not credited with the cash made on the flight.
Yours Stan