Flight Aborted - 2.5.1 - The maximum allowed simrate has been exceeded too many times, flight aborted!

Please report Bugs and Problems here
cs611
Ticket Agent

Flight Aborted - 2.5.1 - The maximum allowed simrate has been exceeded too many times, flight aborted!

Post by cs611 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 am

I'm using the Fenix A320 for MSFS which doesn't use the simrate keystroke for MSFS and has a setting in the MCDU to enable time accel - where the only two options are Normal and 2x. I only click this once to turn it to 2x, then click it again to turn it back to 1x. As far as I know no settings have changed in my VA and this was a charter flight (not a scheduled route with a max time accel setting).

I am not sure why the flight got aborted with this error. Any hints to look at?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Flight Aborted - 2.5.1 - The maximum allowed simrate has been exceeded too many times, flight aborted!

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:20 pm

I took a quick look at tje flight routes for your VA, the max sim rate on all of them is 1x. So I suspect the tool you were using set the sim rate to 2x, the fsa client detected that and noting the route only allowed 1x and set it back, this repeated until the limit in the client was reached and it aborted the flight. If you want to use a higher simrate you need to update your routes to allow it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Re: Flight Aborted - 2.5.1 - The maximum allowed simrate has been exceeded too many times, flight aborted!

Post by cajunjosh » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Would that be the case if he was flying a charter flight that doesn't have the time acceleration limitations?

chrisjk84
Ticket Agent

Post by chrisjk84 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:16 am

There are no options for me to limit the simrate on a flight unless it is made via the flight plan page, but those flights are made by the pilots flying them.

Charter flights such as the one he flew do not give that option and he has run many many charter flights in a 2x sim rate with no issue before.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:08 am

For charter flights it uses the maximum sim rate for your other flights

cs611
Ticket Agent

Post by cs611 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:52 am

joefremont wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:08 am
Is that a recent change? I have been flying charter flights (using this same aircraft) without issue on time accel for quite a long time until this flight. We are trying to understand if something changed, because this behavior is different than it was previously.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:40 pm

cs611 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:52 am
joefremont wrote:
Is that a recent change? I have been flying charter flights (using this same aircraft) without issue on time accel for quite a long time until this flight. We are trying to understand if something changed, because this behavior is different than it was previously.
It’s been that way since charter flights began.

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 pm

joefremont wrote:
Ahhh so this may be the "gotcha" that we didn't anticipate.

For the longest time our airline just ran charter flights to everything. Only within the past few months did we start adding routes in.

So you are saying that if there are scheduled routes in addition to the charter operations and those scheduled routes have a max sim rate applied then it will apply that max sim rate to charter flights as well?

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:05 pm

So to follow-up it looks like we found the issue. Charter flights will always default to the lowest scheduled flight sim rate.

We had 9 scheduled flights with 8 all set to 4x and 1 set to 1x. All charter flights that were active were limited to 1x. When I Updated all scheduled flights to 4x and canceled out the three charters we had scheduled it allowed the pilots to re-book the charters at 4x.