Unable to reset password

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cedric
Ticket Agent

Unable to reset password

Post by Cedric » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:48 am

Hello !

Two of the pilots of the VA cannot reset their passwords, when they try to, the website simply doesn't respond...they never receive the mail.

They have tried with Chrome but also with Edge, same result.

Do you have an idea about this?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Unable to reset password

Post by joefremont » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:51 am

Submit a support request with the emails/id's of the two users in question, this is something that has not been reported before
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cedric
Ticket Agent

Post by Cedric » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:45 pm

this is done :)

heyker
Ticket Agent

Post by heyker » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am

joefremont wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:51 am
Submit a support request with the emails/id's of the two users in question, this is something that has not been reported before
I have the same problem sir

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:45 pm

heyker wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am
joefremont wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:51 am
I have the same problem sir
I put your email into the reset link and it seamed to work fine, check your email, I will paste the reset link to you as a PM.

heyker
Ticket Agent

Post by heyker » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:22 pm

Sir continue the problem, i received the email but when i click in reset botton not reset the password, and when i try to login do not continue just say refresh but not enter. I don´t know what happend. Another thing it is the same link i don´t know if it link should change the final number key=70Xxxxxxxxxx53d4 this number. Is always the same key?

Thanks again for your help mr. fremont.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:29 pm

heyker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:22 pm
Sir continue the problem, i received the email but when i click in reset botton not reset the password, and when i try to login do not continue just say refresh but not enter. I don´t know what happend. Another thing it is the same link i don´t know if it link should change the final number key=70Xxxxxxxxxx53d4 this number. Is always the same key?

Thanks again for your help mr. fremont.
I edited your post to remove the reset key from this topic. They key is one time use token that is used identify you, it can only be used once but if it has not been used and when you request a password reset if the system detects that a reset link exists that has not been used yet it will resend the same key as there is no need to generate a new one. If there is a problem generating a new token won't change anything. But posting that key here is like posting your username and password publicly, if someone was to use it they could take control of your account.

So it is the second phase of the reset that is the problem, that is not what I was lead to believe. I did find a bug that I was able to fix and reset your password. Will send you the new password via a PM.