No Packages EBBR-EGLL

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

No Packages EBBR-EGLL

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:00 pm

With the past two flights I've booked between EBBR and EGLL flying the PMDG B737-700, the only packages I've been offered have been 88lb and only to outlying airports, there were a couple of 441lb packages to other airports but it just seemed odd that there were no packages at all between two major European hubs... Hope it's not as a consequence of Brexit :roll:

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Re: No Packages EBBR-EGLL

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Just booked another flight from Manchester EGCC to London Heathrow EGLL flying a B737-600, no direct packages at all...

Anyone else having this issue who's still using client 2.5.1? Maybe that's the issue?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:26 pm

The package generator has a minimum distance for the placement of packages. Those minimums are 100nm for 40kg, 250nm for 200kg and 500nm for 2000kg. The distance from EBBR to EGLL is 189 nm and the distance from EGCC to EGLL is 131 nm.

Also the 40kg package was really envisioned for smaller aircraft into smaller airports and EGLL, EGCC and EBBR are all larger airports so 40kg packages are not placed on routes between them.

So I can't really call that a bug, as its working as designed.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:15 pm

Just to expand, it make sense that there would be very little air freight between Manchester and London, they are connected by land and most cargo between would be sent by train or truck. Brussels is of course across the channel so is on a different land mass so an argument could be made that air freight would be more likely. I have looked for a source of data so we could determine which continent or island an airport is located and if located on different a modification could be made, but I have not found one yet. IF someone was to locate one it would be helpful.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:05 am

Cheers Joe, I get it now... Looks like my choice of airport size and flight distance dropped me into a package 'black-hole' so to speak :lol: Thanks for the specific explanation.