Beta Test Seat Config

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cat
Chief Pilot

Beta Test Seat Config

Post by Cat » Tue May 02, 2023 12:04 am

I am getting $0 cost 0.00 hours in the window when I flip an aircraft configuration to a different one currently listed.

Do premium members get a free pass on seating charges or is this something else?

EDIT - same thing happens if I make a new seat config and save it and then click to use it: $0 cost 0.00 hours to complete.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Beta Test Seat Config

Post by joefremont » Tue May 02, 2023 12:49 am

Cat wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:04 am
I am getting $0 cost 0.00 hours in the window when I flip an aircraft configuration to a different one currently listed.

Do premium members get a free pass on seating charges or is this something else?

EDIT - same thing happens if I make a new seat config and save it and then click to use it: $0 cost 0.00 hours to complete.
It would depend on the seat type, if its a 'foldable' type then it would be free.

What aircraft are you updating and which configs are you using?

BTW, no premium members are not free, editing the config does not make the change, its when you apply the change.

Edit: I was able to reproduce that, looking into it.
Edit2: Fixed
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue May 02, 2023 1:46 am

cool I will keep playing and looking for bugs

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Tue May 02, 2023 7:46 am

Hello Joe,

for some reason the Dry Operating Weight of every aircraft is 0 kg on beta.fsairlines.
Cheers,
Jörg

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue May 02, 2023 5:31 pm

Harvester wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:46 am
Hello Joe,

for some reason the Dry Operating Weight of every aircraft is 0 kg on beta.fsairlines.
Fixed, because the number of seats affects the weight of the aircraft I have added a column to the aircraft table to save that, but it was not applied yet, which I have now done.

One interesting thing we are going to see is that in the new system, the seats add to the value of the aircraft, which when the beta site calculates AC value it will include that, while the main site does not, so that value is going to fluctuate a bit in this transition phase.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue May 02, 2023 9:02 pm

I think this is a really cool feature which if my track record is any indication means everyone else will hate it. LMAO

The Detroit Tigers bought a used 738 from Miami Air and it's been doing an interior refit (prolly engine overhauls too) in Roswell. One month later, it is still not in service, the Tigers are using Sun Country charters as their old MD-80 has been retired. So adding in time/money equations as opposed to just flipping seats in a jet airliner instantly I think is a great idea. It will require VA operators to plan their equipment use much more carefully.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Wed May 03, 2023 4:43 pm

I had no seat change cost or time when confirming different seat configurations on a310