changing default units on Simbrief?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Gean
Ticket Agent

changing default units on Simbrief?

Post by Gean » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Hi all,

I have noticed that when I use the Simbrief link in the briefing page, it always loads KGs as the default unit. This is because KG units are specified by the Simbrief link provided at the bottom of the Briefing page of a booked flight like this [see at the very far right, units = kgs]:
My unit setting on FSAirlines is pounds but it wont change from KG in the link above, so I am always switching back to pounds once I am taken to my Simbrief flight generated by FSAirlines.

When I go straight to Simbrief and click "new flight" it defaults to pounds as I have set it on their website. So yeah, only issue is that FSAirlines isnt picking up my default units setting when it generates that link to Simbrief - it does everywhere else though!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: changing default units on Simbrief?

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:13 am

This sounds like a problem with SimBrief itself, you would think they would remember your units.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:22 pm

SimBrief always remembers I use KGs

Gean
Ticket Agent

Post by Gean » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:24 pm

joefremont wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:13 am
This sounds like a problem with SimBrief itself, you would think they would remember your units.
When I go to simbrief and click create new flightplan or whatever, it does remember my units have changed and remembers my new defaults. What happens tho is that for some reason FSAirlines creates a link using KG as the units

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Have you changed the defaults in your FSAirlines profile?>

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:46 pm

When we build the simbrief link we do put the units in using KG, everything internally in FSA is metric.

When I was first asked to put in a simbrief link into FSA I was reluctant to put it in but I was assured it would be simple, now every time someone complains about something in it I regret having put it in in the first place.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:00 pm

I love the simbrief link so please don't delete it lol. The original poster is correct that the link is in kg regardless of fs airlines and even if the default in sim brief is pounds. It s very simple fix though by just changing on drop down in sim brief. So really no big deal that it sends the info as kg.

Gean
Ticket Agent

Post by Gean » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:51 pm

Yeah if it's gonna be complicated to fix don't worry about it - keep the link tho I absolutely love it lol