FSA Tracker Autosave

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Tomat5R
Ticket Agent

FSA Tracker Autosave

Post by Tomat5R » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:17 pm

I'm getting MSFS CTDs. As a result, my flight is lost. Is there any information on how the FSA Tracker Autosave option works?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: FSA Tracker Autosave

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:28 pm

I am afraid that with MSFS I don't have a good answer for you.

The client saves your position, altitude and fuel levels and when you reload the sim you can start a flight and them move your aircraft to the given location using the sims setting or map features. That works with FSX, P3D and X-Plane, but to the best of my knowledge MSFS does not give a way to do that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tomat5R
Ticket Agent

Post by Tomat5R » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:36 pm

I can put the aircraft in approximately the same position it was when the crash occurred using a FSUIPC autosave file. The real question is can I get the FSA Tracker to restart at that position?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:48 pm

With the FSX and P3D version it actually uses the FSUIPC autosave feature to create saved flights that you could load in the sim to continue, but when I tried that with MSFS it would not work. Originally that was the only way to do it, then we added the ability to move the AC yourself while we show you the data for when the saved flight did not work or in the case of X-Plane where we could not auto save the flight.

For MSFS we don't have a good solution but If you can get it to work that would be fantastic, you need to get the altitude and distance pretty close for it to work though, let us know your results.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:16 am

Sadly with the lack of a FSX/P3D Style 'Map' feature to enter exact details the autosave data is fairly useless for MSFS at the minute. You can get close via LAT/LON but you'd need to rely on slew to get the altitude right.

In short I've had little to no success restoring a MSFS flight.

However a work around (at least with the PMDG 737) it will allow you to restore a flight started in MSFS into P3D. E.g this flight here:

https://www.fsairlines.net/crewcenter/i ... id=3302624

Started in MSFS. CTD'd around base leg. Restored it into P3D and it allowed me to continue.

dcoslovich81
Rampie

Post by dcoslovich81 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:15 am

Hi,

I was able to continue a flight after a CTD with the PMDG 737 on MSFS.

The FSA client has the coordinates of the last position. I used navigraph to add a waypoint to the last FSA client location and flew out of the nearest airport.

Once over the waypoint at the last reported altitude, speed and heading, I paused the sim, I changed the fuel onboard to what the FSA client was indicating, selected continue flight on the client and unpaused the sim.

Finished the flight successfully.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Good information, I have heard of pilots who have used slewing to get there aircraft back into the same location also.

ka3vme
Ticket Agent

Post by ka3vme » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:01 pm

x-plane 11, or at least the plane's FMS I'm in, does not allow such a precise input of lat/lon as provided in the autosave information from the FSA app.

how close does the plane need to be positioned to the coordinates given by FSA to resume the flight ?

also, in xplane using the map to set altitude, heading, and speed, the speed is in TAS while FSA app is IAS .... again, how closely does this need to match?

FSAautosave.png
FSAautosave.png (169.02 KiB) Viewed 5446 times

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:23 am

You need to be within 25nm of the target spot and within 500 feet in altitude.

ka3vme
Ticket Agent

Post by ka3vme » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:01 am

Thanks Joe, that's not hard at all. I though we'd have to be much closer.

I did manage to resume the flight once I figured out ways to move the plane around.

Does FSA autosave a file we can use, or it just save the information on location & situation we need to match ?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:31 am

Its data you need to match, its our own custom format and if pilots start trying to use it directly I will have to get more creative with its encryption.