Wrong Config About 747-8f and 8i

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Bioride
Ticket Agent

Wrong Config About 747-8f and 8i

Post by Bioride » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:43 am

I was looking at the Boeing 747-8F page in the Boeing Website and one thing you guys got wrong at is the range.
Boeing 747-8i Range is - 7,700 Nm
Boeing 747-8f Range is - 4,325 Nm
What I have seen in the info page's(FSA Airline) about these aircrafts the range is wrong on both of them. Please do look at the Configs for both of these Aircrafts and match it with real configs other wise lot of pilots will make a mistake like I did and took it on a 5,500 Nm Haul and ended up cancelling the flight because the fuel was not enough.
I will Attach some links that it will be easy for you guys to compare the configs between these aircrafts and I sincerely hope that this change will come quickly as this is one of the aircrafts which is heavily used on FSA Airlines. I hope you guys checkout other aircrafts also.

Boeing 747-8i - https://www.boeing.com/commercial/747/
Boeing 747-8f - https://www.boeing.com/commercial/freig ... -highlight

Thankyou for your Services. Have a Great day

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Wrong Config About 747-8f and 8i

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:12 pm

I think what you are seeing is marketing material rather than technical documents, they are showing range with typical payload rather than absolute maximum range. The range often stated is the range with maximum payload as for airlines beyond that range it becomes less economic to fly but for our purposes we need the absolute maximum range as it is a limit for distance when booking flights and combined with the maximum fuel capacity as a baseline for fuel usage. Take a look at these two charts taken from Boeings airport planing document for the 747-8

It would be nice if we could store three maximum ranges, the range with maximum payload, the range with max fuel at MTOW and the range with max fuel and zero payload (ferry range), those points correspond to where the graph bends. This data is pretty easy to get for Boeing and Airbus aircraft but for many of the older aircraft it is very hard to get a hold of. So we store the ferry range, the maximum range with normal fuel capacity and no payload.

You would expect that two aircraft the cargo and passenger version of the same airframe with the same engines and fuel capacity are going to have the same range. In the case of these two Boeings the passenger version has slightly higher fuel capacity and the cargo version has a higher max zero fuel weight so the range of the 8F with max payload is less than the range with max payload for the 8i.

On comparing these graphs I can see that the range of the 747-8F is incorrect, but it is too low rather than too high as it should be 8600 nm instead of the current 7730 nm.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Bioride
Ticket Agent

Post by Bioride » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:07 am

thankyou for the correction sir. Now I Have a Question in MSFS when make the ZFW 329k kg which is the MZFW I am not able to fuel it up more than 118k kg because the fsa client declares above that as a MTOW and that brings down my range to like 4800 nm (if 75% of the flight is Head Wind) and around 5200nm (if 75% is Tailwind). so if there is solution for that can you tell me

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:41 pm

If your trying to reduce your payload there is a couple ways to do that.

When you either create the route or book a charter flight there are options to 'Limit Cargo' and 'Limit Passengers', if you do this the system will limit the amount of cargo and passengers to reduce your ZFW. If you don't set one or both of the limits the system will try to load you up to your MZFW with passengers and generic cargo.

After the flight is booked when your starting the flight in the client, after you have confirmed the fuel if you are above MTOW there are 'change' buttons that appear next to passengers and generic cargo, if you push those buttons it will reduce the corresponding value to get you below MTOW or zero for that type of payload. The one thing you can't reduce in the client is packages but the loading of packages is a manual process before you start the flight in the client you need to be sure not to overload with packages before you start the flight. Unfortunately once you try to start the flight in the client the packages are locked so if you loaded on too many packages you have to cancel the flight, remove the packages and then start again.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Bioride
Ticket Agent

Post by Bioride » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:21 pm

ok thats a nice way to do that. SO reducing or limiting the cargo its gonna bring down the profit also for me and the airline so I think I will do low range haul until Salty or MSFS bring out 8F with correct Weight and balance. anyway thankyou for your Support.

AAL88
Ticket Agent

Post by AAL88 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:31 pm

No need to do that - instead - just add your payload while monitoring the FSAirlines Client - However, in the plane, itself, do the max ZFW, as anything over that will render INVALID ENTRY.

For your fuel, i.e., KBOS - KSFO, which is about 2300 miles estimated, the fuel I entered was 66,426, which is the fuel from Simbrief for the 747-8i. It shows I'll have 9,800 kg remaining fuel. Although the INSUFFICIENT FUEL popped up on the FMC, I'm going to test it, and we shall see - I will probably adjust the Simbrief to give 1% more fuel or something.

But - yeah - a correct aircraft would be helpful in MSFS. :) :) :)