why would I want to load up my Va office with cargo?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ke7zum
Ticket Agent

why would I want to load up my Va office with cargo?

Post by ke7zum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:45 pm

This is my first time I have built an airport center. I actually don't knwo what they arre used for. We have a VA office and a small, very small, maintenance center, both at KLAS. I noticed when I was there, I could load up both with cargo. Why? I also tried to look at the wiki to see where I could read about airport centers as they were not so obvious to me. Ok, maintenance was, as well as Va Office, but warehouse etc right now is not. I'm still getting used to the system so forgive any questions. Also I did not know where to post this, and I'm sure staff are tired of me right about now. lol! I'm known for braking stuff. Hehahahaha.

Keep up the good work.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: why would I want to load up my Va office with cargo?

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:01 am

I think you will find your answers here:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9490

Be sure to read the section on Representatives.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:37 pm

I've taken a look, but I'm still not getting it. I did deliver my packages to las Vegas off the 777 I just landed. so when I hit "deliver packages" did it shuffle into the va office? or did they now do what ever packages do when I hit deliver. I know the ones going to the north las Vegas airport got delivered by truck but how about the rest. I'll get this but somethign is just not clicking. Perhaps it's too early in the morning. I like the new system and hope our airlines can get set up with more stuff in the mean time.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:08 am

The idea behind the warehouse is that it is temporary storage between flights. A flight is going from SFO to Chicago but it is also bring packages for New York. The New York packages can be put into the Chicago warehouse, then another flight can pick up those packages from the warehouse and take them the rest of the way.

When you pressed 'deliver packages', those packages that are for destinations within 50nm of the airport are put on trucks and taken to there destination.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:12 am

Right makes sence. I have some packages goign to miami. I'm going to have some someone shuttle them, and I might do some as well. Not the exact situation, but it works.

I just experienced the 50 miles thing as well, way cool! it's too bad we can't hear the trucks. Lol! Or see an amination of the trucks loading the cargo.

Anyway I'll disappear as that suggestion was probably very stupid. Hehahaha.

thanks so much and happy Saturday.,