MSFS Time Acceleration

Please report Bugs and Problems here
cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

MSFS Time Acceleration

Post by cajunjosh » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:34 am

I've got a friend flying for our VA using MSFS. He's been flying in both the Longitude and CJ4 by WT. He's done a few time accelerated flights in the past without issue and all the old posts I could find on the subject didn't forbid it. Now whenever he attempts to time accelerate once at cruise the FSAirlines client is pausing the sim.

This problem appears to have popped up within the last week and he's running MSFS latest version. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: MSFS Time Acceleration

Post by joefremont » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:24 am

I was using MSFS myself last weekend and activated time acceleration without problems. I will try to experiment with it some more this weekend.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:10 am

Thanks for the quick response Joe. Is there any sort of log generated by the FSAirlines client that I could possibly have him pull that might be useful for you?

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 am

This was a comment he made in discord.

Well I don't really know how else to interpret this....I set logging up on FSUIPC and I found the memory area where the Sim Rate is set for FS2020....this looks pretty clear to me that FSAirlines is reading the sim rate and then re-writing it to 1x when it is something other than 1.

917172 9204 READ0[3044] 0C1A, 2 bytes: 00 02 ..
917172 9204 WRITE0[3044] 0C1A, 2 bytes: 00 01 .

I can record a video with the sim running at 2x, and as soon as I hit "Fly" on FSAirlines, it drops it to 1x and wont let me change it again.
If I try to change it enough times FSAirlines pops up this error that I have exceeded the maximum allowed sim rate too many times, and it aborts the flight

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 am

That sounds like the max sim rate on the route is 1x, if the client detects a sim rate higher than the max for the route it will set it back down to the max value.

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm

I don't see that we have restricted any options within the VA. If these are charter flights that's he's completing in a business jet would there be a cap set on the sim rate somewhere?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Some VA's don't like pilots using time acceleration and some are ok with it. The way the charter system works is it looks at your VA's existing routes, and if you have some it uses the maximum acceleration factor found. I see for the "CJeXec Aviation Group" that all the routes are setup for 1x.

The solution is to create one route that allows 16x.

chrisjk84
Ticket Agent

Post by chrisjk84 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:52 am

I removed all the routes (i changed the simrate allowance first with no luck) still no luck. I deleted all the routes (i can import them in pretty quick so no biggy) still no luck.

Just like the other pilot having issues, I had no luck. So this is not just related to one person.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:21 am

You did not delete all of the routes as there were still some charter flights left. I updated the routes in the DB for your VA ( "CJeXec Aviation Group") to 16x so try again. The fact you got a message from the client saying you exceeded the sim rate too many times was proof it was the clients doing it and not necessarily something MSFS related.

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Thank you so much for looking into this Joe, we will have them test again today and see if it's resolved.

chrisjk84
Ticket Agent

Post by chrisjk84 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Ok thx. Didn’t think about the booked charter flights.