Version 2 questions

Information about the VA integration pack
Rickkimmick
Ticket Agent

Version 2 questions

Post by Rickkimmick » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:05 am

My developer would like to know some additional information that he didn't understand or couldn't find in the wiki.

1. "How to implement a new pilot registration from VA website that will use FSAirlines."
If possible we would like to have new pilots be able to create their registration with the VA through our website.

2. "How to create a login page for pilots that have their own on FSAirlines account to be used on our VA site."
For pilots that already have existing accounts, is it possible to integrate their login to book flights through our website?

3. "It is our understanding that our VA pilots will not even have to visit FSAirlines once this has been completed.
Are there examples from a website we can see how this has been accomplished?"

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Version 2 questions

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Rickkimmick wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:05 am
My developer would like to know some additional information that he didn't understand or couldn't find in the wiki.

1. "How to implement a new pilot registration from VA website that will use FSAirlines."
If possible we would like to have new pilots be able to create their registration with the VA through our website.
Right now registration is not implemented, I have not found a solution to get around the problem in the old interface where hackers would create many bogus profiles.
Rickkimmick wrote:
2. "How to create a login page for pilots that have their own on FSAirlines account to be used on our VA site."
For pilots that already have existing accounts, is it possible to integrate their login to book flights through our website?
I will see if I can come up with a more complete example.
Rickkimmick wrote:
3. "It is our understanding that our VA pilots will not even have to visit FSAirlines once this has been completed.
Are there examples from a website we can see how this has been accomplished?"
For a pilot log in and book flights is the goal, things that they will not be able to do
- Book charter flights. Maybe later but not yet.
- Manage packages, I am paranoid about VA's using the interface write programs that can scoop up all the packages, so you will need to log in to do that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Rickkimmick
Ticket Agent

Post by Rickkimmick » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Fair enough, thank you for the information sir.

brazvo
Ticket Agent

Post by brazvo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:08 pm

Hi Joe,

>>> Manage packages, I am paranoid about VA's using the interface write programs that can scoop up all the packages, so you will need to log in to do that.

Maybe this could be possible with limitations via API.

As I know, actually, managing packages is possible without a need of a booked flight and airplane. You select packages and you can put them into an airplane or a warehouse. No matters if you have a booked flight with that airplane.

What if via API it worked like the flow when you: book flight -> select an airplane -> select packages. For FSA Web UI it's simple way how to load packages to a concrete plane. But for API it could be the only way how to load packages. I guess many of us uses this way as default and just a few operates advanced cargo operations and if yes, OK, we have to use FSA Web UI for that.

Request to API should contain flight ID, Airplane ID, [PackageID].

Response could be error when weight of requested packages is more than airplane limits, or when a package is out of delivery range (more than 50 mls).

Benefit of that is: Airplanes have limited cargo space; You will have, flight ID, airplane ID and you can store a flag as true that it was made by API and if someone cancels the flight in hope that packages stay in the plane you can automatically remove the packages from the plane and move them to the package system back, Also if the packages overcome through the safe period for unloading them, an airline will be charged by undelivery penalty.

Of course, it also has to be in Rules and Regulations a clause that grabbing robots are prohibited and if it will be undiscovered such a behavior then an airline looses reputation and maybe looses some % of cash. :D

Just my 2cents.

KR,

Branislav