VA Integration Kit

Information about the VA integration pack
Konny
FSAirlines Developer

VA Integration Kit

Post by Konny » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for the big delay we had with the Integration Pack, unfortunately there were constantly arising new issues. But now that we have fixed the last security problems we're ready to release. Therefore all the scripts from remote.fsairlines.net/beta can now be found at remote.fsairlines.net/v1, just where they have been before. We will delete the /beta folder in two weeks, so please adjust your scripts accordingly.

The source code of these scripts is open-source, so everybody can participate on improving the files from now on. Of course that doesn't mean that we will no longer work on it ourselves, but you have the possibility to make some changes yourself, copy some code or just look at how me implemented things. To keep track of all the changes we're using Subversion, a popular revision control system which you will be given access to on request (there's more info in the wiki). The changes won't instantly affect the live system, but we will try to review and upload the code as soon as we can. You're also welcome to use our Subversion server for your own Integration Pack project and create a wiki page for it. Maybe another airline is just looking for the Integration Pack you are creating.

You might think that this is a huge security leak you can use to directly access our database, but all the scripts are based on the new XML-Interface which gives you the possibility to receive all the data in XML format. This interface allows you to read the raw data and show it in any way you want on your website. Because of some security issues we need to register your website on our system first, as always there's more info in the wiki.

All in all you can now participate improving the existing scripts, create your own variant (and use our code) or build up something completely on your own. And of course if you want to keep it simple just use the scripts we (and others) wrote like you did before.

With the Integration Pack now not only consisting of one single script package we renamed it to VA Integration Kit. Hence the name of the new wiki page:
http://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/VA_Integration_Kit

If you have any questions, request or complains, just tell us. I promise we won't lock the forum again. :D
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Dyl963
Ticket Agent

Re: VA Integration Kit

Post by Dyl963 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:11 am

Hey Konny,

This may seem like a stupid question.

How do I put the VA Integration Kit on our VA's Website?

Sincerely,

Dylan J. Lundberg, Dakota VA CEO

Dom971
Ticket Agent

Post by Dom971 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Hello Dylan,

You can find all the information about the integration kit here :
http://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/Of ... ation_Pack

Then, go down to the pages section.
Do not forget to substitute the number 368 by you orwn VA ID

Cheers,

Dom , CARAVailes CEO ;-)

Dyl963
Ticket Agent

Post by Dyl963 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 am

@Dom,

Thanks a bunch!!!

Dylan J. Lundberg, Dakota Virtual Airlines CEO

Encelados
Rampie

Post by Encelados » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi!

I'd like to ask how long we'll be wait for language translations for VA Integration Kit?

And here I'd like to offer my help with translation to polish language (PL) :D

Greetings from Poland

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Probably for some time as the whole idea of switching to XML would be that you would design your Integration Kit to fit your website to include any language you want since all we are providing is the data streams which, while in English, can be translated similarly to how our own website translation package works.

AET001
Ticket Agent

Post by AET001 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 am

I've created 1 post about dispatch file from VA Kitt because it's not working. FSA team said me that there'll be or there is one person working on it but... How I can o we can book a flight from our website kitt integration?

I understand that it's not possible at the moment, can anybody say how it'll be fine for platinum accounts and if there is other procedure to book a flight?

Thanks to all the FSA team.

Víctor - AerocatVirtual

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Victor,

If you have access to the developer side, I would ask the question through that method instead of here as that's where the active development is occurring. From what was posted there, Konrad knows of the problem and is working on the fix, but being the holidays, it could take a little while for it to get done.

AET001
Ticket Agent

Post by AET001 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Where is the developer side? because I'd like to include on my web the dispatch file asap!

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 pm

If you go to the FSAirlines Integration Pack Wiki as instructed previously, you'd find the information there.

Jorge Marzovillo
Ticket Agent

Post by Jorge Marzovillo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 am

Hello all

Anybody knows wat happend with this link ; looks broken :S

Thanks all for answer

Best regards
Mallorca Air vA ; CEO
MAA001, Vatsim Cid 1174632
Staff Vatsim Spain ; Events Departament

jorge.marzovillo@vatspa.net

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 am

Jorge Marzovillo wrote:Hello all

Anybody knows wat happend with this link ; looks broken :S

Thanks all for answer

Best regards
I'm aware of the issue. The issue seems like some of the back end wiki coding was not updated in the most recent server upgrade. (Including the captcha system along with the protection levels).
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 am

Ok, the pages are back.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ar_hnazari

Post by ar_hnazari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey dudes

I'm going to develop a new website for Parmiss Airlines, currently I can call XML pack form our website host, but from home (which I use my Linux home server for development) I get "RESTRICTED ACCESS" for my IP address.
I really need to be able to call XML pack from home because I NEVER develop a site on it's main domain/host.
I'm a registered user in FSA network (same ID as forum) and my home IP is static.

So I want to know what should I do to be able to call XMLs from home.

Please assist.

Thanks and Regards
Amir Reza Haji Nazari.