VA Integration Forum

Information about the VA integration pack
CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

VA Integration Forum

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:19 am

I have locked the VA Integration Forum for now due to the continued attacks on the developers of this network by users in spite of forum rules specifically prohibiting it. If you can't voice your concerns in a civil way, then don't post them.

I know that there are a lot of people upset because the VA Integration Pack has not been delivered yet. However, I must remind everyone that the platinum level of payment is for the VA, not for the integration pack, which was simply stated to be a future addon. As none of the staff are paid, all users must understand that we all have real world jobs outside of this and while we work on the network as much as possible, it's not always something that can be done full-time. Konrad, Joe, and Claudio alone have sole responsibility for the development of the network and any decisions on adding staff go through them.

Until such time as a new version of the VA Integration Pack is released, the forum will remain locked. Any posts complaining about the status of the project will be immediately deleted and the user removed from the forum. This is the last warning I'm going to give since I've given enough of them already.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Re: VA Integration Forum

Post by Konny » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am

Well, just now that you closed the forum I have some good news for all the people who have been waiting for months now. I myself am now working on this and I have a lot of time the next week. I'm sure I'll be able to finish the last scripts and finally release the full integration pack including the XML-interface. I'm really sorry it took so long but it seems like we've all been very busy the last months. Luckily at least for me this changed since I finished my bachelor's thesis last week :).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Well that just figures...

When you post the pack, let me know and I'll unlock the forum. :)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Unfortunately, the same people who were warned previously about their postings on the VA Integration Forum have caused me to lock the forum again. I will not tolerate users excoriating the developers of this network because they apparently don't have lives of their own outside of FSAirlines. I hate to put it that way, but since they seem to think that the developers spend 24/7 on this network instead of having lives and doing this as a fun hobby where their costs are being offset so they're not poorer than they already are. I'll say it again, FSAirlines does not make any money off the membership dues. We showed you the numbers when we introduced the membership packages and showed you exactly how much money the admins were out-of-pocket to that point. If you think our income exceeds our costs, then you're sadly mistaken. If we break even in the end, we're lucky.

We do not give release dates. Anything we say about pending improvements or releases are just estimates and hopeful wishes. If real life gets in the way - then releases will slip. It's that simple.

Real Life Comes First.