Government and Airline Bailouts

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cjr91607
Rampie

Government and Airline Bailouts

Post by Cjr91607 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:32 am

Not sure how many of us VA Owners/Managers are simming on MSFS but I'm thinking quite a few. If so, like many others on the forums (maybe not FSAirlines forum), I have been dealing with all kinds of issues including COD's, flight dynamics issues, compatibility problems amongst other problems. I have found it quite difficult juggling problems with MSFS and running a fledgling VA on FSAirlines. I'm a yearly paying client so the failure of my VA is not an option. However, earlier this year I lost two planes to flight dynamic issues for which I had to request "mulligans" from the FSAirlines overseer's. Not wanting to be in the same position again I realized I needed to fly with a more stable airframe in MSFS if I planned on actually making any money for my VA while in MSFS (note, I do not have any problems flying in XP11). This obviously cost my VA a pretty penny and also made simming less enjoyable and more like work in MSFS.

I think what would be fair is something along the lines of what has been happening in reality recently; carriers have requested and been given access to low/no interest federal funding to help the strain on the business. While we are NOT dealing with a global pandemic on FSAirlines, we are INDEED dealing with a major shift in the flight simming world - MSFS has taken over and once you experience simming on that platform XP11, P3D and FSX just are not the same. However, MSFS is not perfect and has nowhere near the options and stability that XP11 and P3D have. With that in mind, I propose FSAirlines either create an MSFS specific financial marketplace where lenders and VA owners can meet and obtain low-cost financing that is backed by FSAirlines (call them Fannie/Freddie Air). Or, FSAirlines could create an open portal for VA's that want to use MSFS specifically but need access to virtual funding to help alleviate the issues and options (or, lack of) to do so. I think it should only be for MSFS flyers and it should NOT be grants. Rather, they should be loans with extended terms and/or low-interest rates. This would allow owners like myself the financial buffer to confidently continue to enjoy MSFS while also dealing with the growing pains of that platform.

Clearly, I have a lot of time on my hands and this idea may be a byproduct of such. However, I want the challenge of growing a VA to be legitimately profitable. And, I want the ability to do so with less hesitation on MSFS. Not asking for rule changes; if you crash your plane you should lose money and reputation. But, on MSFS you should be given the ability to avoid bankruptcy as there are many more variables that can hurt your simming progress than just bad piloting.

Please save the hate mail, it's just an idea......

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Re: Government and Airline Bailouts

Post by fackprod » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:26 am

I had recently toyed with this. Ultimately I decided it was my choice to fly in MSFS and that Joe already had more than enough to do with FSA.

MSFS is now 12 month plus. Yes there are issues with each world update but hot fixes are generally issued pretty quickly. I flew in FSX-SE for years and flying multiple different aircraft small to large. I have found msfs to be more immersive particularly in flight planning. Also I have concentrated on fly-by-wire A32ng. This free mod is very well supported and far more featured than the Asobo standard aircraft. Despite experiencing many frustrations and VA downtime (7 practice flights EGLL - Paris is but 1 example) I am now back tracking and the virtual skies are good. I have 2 other pilots flying different aircraft in msfs. They too are comfortable.

We have turned off the Advanced Finance option in FSA but not because of msfs.

In my humble opinion only, msfs is like amy new sim and all about practice and gaining experience. Turn off Advanced Finance for a bit and that removes parking fees. Get competent with one aircraft doing shortish flights without tracking. Then a few without packages to reduce cost of failure! Your airline will still be there in a couple of weeks when you are ready to take to the skies with the same confidence you had with xplane. Believe me you will get there without burdening Joe with what is essentially a short term problem.
Alastair
Red Global Airlines

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Government and Airline Bailouts

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:50 pm

To be honest I have reviewed quite a few msfs flights and don’t see much difference in there revenue. But more to the point of the original post, we do have a loan market already with loans provided by other airlines on the platform. I would not want to disrupt that market by flooding it with very low rate loans.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.