suggestion for premium users

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

suggestion for premium users

Post by ke7zum » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:08 pm

I'm a premium user at least for 3 months. I must have misread or misunderstood the documentation, as I understood I could both be in a virtual airline, and create my own at the same time. If this is not the case, can this be done for the platinum users as well as the gold users who can join, but not create, more than one airline. the flow to me should go like this.

you can create your airline and be in in as many VAs as you want however you can only book *1* flight inn *1* airline at a time. This would I think keep the client from being too complex.

Thanks so much for making the website almost accessible. I'm a blind pilot who loves your service and wish all VAs were on here.

Happy monday.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Re: suggestion for premium users

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Unsure why someone would want to fly for more than 1 airline at once?

George
Ticket Agent

Post by George » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Would this not just be like flying for a fleet? I see your idea but this doesn't seem like a real world implementation visible to FSAirlines after I don't personally see any plausible method to work around multiple airlines. If this method is indexing you fulfilment create a second account ( I don't quite know where this stands in the terms though ) I though I'd add some support on the idea as i've not really got much else to do :D

- George

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:05 pm

This would be a disaster of Biblical Proportions in the making if what you suggest were possible.
The internet and unfortunately even our friendly world here is full of cheaters and destructors who have nothing better to do than make life miserable for others.

Now imagine one of those people with access to join as many VA's as they want at the same time, and in the process start trashing as many aircraft along with airline reputations as possible before they finally get booted.

No Thanks!!!!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I agree with Sam, I don't think having a single pilot account in more than one airline is a good idea.

From the real world perspective a pilot can only be a full time employee of one airline at a time. And while I could see a scenario where contract pilots could fly for different airlines from time to time, it would be a giant conflict of interest for a pilot to be managing one airline and flying flights for another at the same time.

Even if it was a good idea it would be a very big change internally to make it possible, so thanks but no.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Also FYI, in the real world ... ha ha ha you can only hold one active type rating at a time .... you cannot jump from type to type the way we do in this world on an hourly basis. It's all in the name of repetition cycles and safety. So people who wonder why their flight was "waiting for a crew" and delayed after an equipment change may very well have been because they brought in an Airbus to fill the 737 slot and the 737 crew can't fly it, even if they have the rating in their logbook as their current "active type" is for the 737.