aircraft integration

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

dudusax
Ticket Agent

aircraft integration

Post by dudusax » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Hello
can you integrate the following planes in the list:

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle
McDonnell Douglas T-45 Goshawk
McDonnell Douglas C-17 Globemaster III

Thank you

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: aircraft integration

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:38 pm

Please list the commercial airlines using the above equipment. This is a virtual airline financial management system, not a military gaming platform.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: aircraft integration

Post by joefremont » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:16 pm

You should have read this.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9525

It turns out all the aircraft you mentioned are already in the database. However, for the reasons defined in that post the C-17 is allowed as a 'special use' aircraft and if your VA qualifies you can request up to two through support tickets.

The F15 and BAe Hawk (of which the Goshawk is a licensed built copy) are both classified as military so they are not available for purchase (private rentals only). Many military trainers end up in private hands and if you can find a company that is using them for training flights, and there usage is not restricted to only working for the government then we would allow it as we have others in the past. I did a quick search and could not find any, I would not be surprised if there are hawks in private hands but would be if there were F-15's, as I suspect the USAF and its allies will continue to use them until the airframes are no longer safe to fly.

Edit: I did a search today and did find a company that had 8 BAe hawks for sale, however on careful reading of the description it was clear these were still military aircraft, with live ejection seats, hardpoints and avionics intended for sale to a military customer.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.