Airline Rebranding (Name Change) Fee Proposal

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Airline Rebranding (Name Change) Fee Proposal

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Should we adopt a program where VA owners get one free name change - a "mulligan" in golfing terms - and then have to pay a virtual fee for others thereafter?

Real airlines spend millions to rebrand their business and repainting aircraft is also an expensive endeavor.

I propose a base fee (to cover typical costs of changing brands with signs, PR materials, uniforms, etc) and then there was a motion to add a fee based on aircraft count for repainting the livery.

Any thoughts as to what the base fee and/or airplane charge should be?

Ezaco
Ticket Agent

Re: Airline Rebranding (Name Change) Fee Proposal

Post by Ezaco » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 pm

First name change - Free
Second Name change - v$5,000,000
Every additional name change is an additional v$5mil - so your 5th name change would be v$20,000,000.

First logo change - free
Second logo change - v$2,000,000
Every additional logo change is an additional v$2mil, so your 5th logo change would be v$8,000,000. (This one is probably not as good an idea, so just every logo change after the first one is v$2mil?)

The only wonder I have about allowing automatic name changes is will it mess with the system too much - isn't that why Joe changes them himself currently?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Airline Rebranding (Name Change) Fee Proposal

Post by joefremont » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:38 pm

I would think the cost would depend on the size of the airline. You rebrand you have to repaint and update the interiors on all your aircraft and update the uniforms for all your employees. Also it costs less to repaint your C208 than your B777, so it probably be some base cost to handle the marketing and legal fees and then some function of the number/value of aircraft in your fleet.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.