Client 2.4.2

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Client 2.4.2

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:41 pm

Hi Flyers.

Another bug in the current client has been found and I think it may be time for me to open development on the next update, so far the issues are:

- In some circumstances the client will allow the flight to start above MZFW or MTOW.
- If a flight makes a hard landing, takes off again and makes a soft landing the hard landing penalty is retained but the later soft landing weight is shown in the report, showing the later softer landing rate is the bug.

There has been a bit if discussion about adding an hourly pay rate to the ranks, if we are going to do that, this would be a good time. If we are to do that the 'hours' would be calculated the exact same way we do for automatic promotions where its a formula based on distance, cruise speed from the DB and the sim rate used. Things we would need to decide, if the flight has co-pilots how is the revenue divided and if the rank as both a hourly rate and a profit percent does the pilot get the max of the two rates or the sum of both rates?

Anything else we need to put into this update?

Edit: Another bug reported, if you get a failure (like flaps/engines/gear) you need to restart the client before you do your next flight).
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

jato0072
Ticket Agent

Re: Client 2.4.2

Post by jato0072 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:32 pm

Having the OPTION to pay pilots hourly would be great.

My request would be to pay hourly and not use the percentage function.

Thanks for all you do!

:D

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:21 pm

I would suggest paying an annual salary to pilots according to their FSAirlines rank. That would make VA's ground their idle pilots.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:40 pm

Thank you for all the hard work you have done over the last few years, it makes the flying experience special. Regarding suggestions, for next update, It would be interesting to see a priority cargo package that pays more if you get it to it's destination quicker than the current priority package system, so high speed aircraft like concorde could take advantage of the speed advantage.or a pilot that takes off straight away and flies the cargo the same day can also take advantage of this

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 pm

BVU-951 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:21 pm
I would suggest paying an annual salary to pilots according to their FSAirlines rank. That would make VA's ground their idle pilots.
How does the idea of an annual salary apply to next update of the client?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:04 pm

New Client Update Feature: Please move the "high speed enabled tab" out from under the "Fly" tab on the first page. A double click on "Fly" is all it takes to disable high speed penalty (and thus get a penalty LOL) without knowing it.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:13 pm

joefremont wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 pm
BVU-951 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:21 pm
How does the idea of an annual salary apply to next update of the client?
Sorry I just picked up on the comment about wages, forgot you was talking about the client.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:14 pm

regarding the client , one thing i notice (especially when flying light aircraft at 1000 feet) the client will give a "low altitude" 5% penalty.

I find this penalty very random , i do try to fly above 1000 feet , but there are times, for example coming into land that it has be triggered.

is it possible to remove or to make this penalty a bit more flexible?

Thanks

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm

500 AGL should be the low altitude penalty trigger, not 1000 - so if you are flying at 1000 MSL, the penalty will seem "random" due to rising/lowering terrain.

Regarding approaches, it should never be triggered unless you are dragging it in below 500 AGL from many miles out.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm
500 AGL should be the low altitude penalty trigger, not 1000 - so if you are flying at 1000 MSL, the penalty will seem "random" due to rising/lowering terrain.

Regarding approaches, it should never be triggered unless you are dragging it in below 500 AGL from many miles out.
ok, the rising and lowering terrain probably explains why id get a penalty if i fly between 501 and 999 feet, i normally dont fly that low, but with the Fs2020 scenery being so good now, its very easy to drop down to take a look at POI (only in light aircraft)

so , ill ask again, is it possible to maybe make this low altitude rule a little bit more "forgiving" when it comes to low speed, light aircraft?

especially when things like fs2020 now have bush trips with low altitude P.O.Is for you to go have a look at while flying?

"Low Altitude 5%
- If you are more than 5nm from either the departure or arrival airport and you have not pressed the divert button you must stay above 500ft ALG. In addition at some point in the flight you must exceed 1000ft ALG even if the departure and arrival airports are within 10nm of each other. The 500ft penalty does not apply if the source and destination airport are the same, but the 1000ft requirement still applies."

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Well if you can get the cheaters to stop cheating, which we can't, then I would assume Joe would loosen the reg. Just like the real world, many of the rules in place here are not intended to hinder the honest users but an attempt to keep the cheaters corraled in.

At one point before the rule was implemented, people were booking "same airport flight" then as the wheels cleared the ground, landing on the same runway and getting credit for a full flight. In Jumbo Jets!

The other determining factor is the FAA (USA) regulation pertaining to low flight operations:

91.119 Minimum safe altitudes; general
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the
following altitudes:
(a) Anywhere – An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without
undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas – Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over
any open-air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle
within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas – An altitude of 500 feet above the surface except over
open water or sparsely populated areas. In that case, the aircraft may not be operated
closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters – Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed In
paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons
or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply
with routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.
Helicopter operations may be conducted below the minimum altitudes set for fixed-wing aircraft.
The reason: they have unique operating characteristics, the most important of which is their
ability to execute pinpoint emergency landings during power-out emergencies. Furthermore, the
helicopter's increased use by law enforcement and emergency medical service agencies requires
added flexibility.

FSAirlines cannot determine if you are over "congested areas" or not so therefore (c) applies to all. In the name of safety it very easily could have been (b) .... so I think the 500 rule is fair.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:21 pm

I think the ultimate solution to the low altitude problem is a special type of route, where the pilot would be required fly to some fixed lat/lon position land and then return, where the destination most likely be the origin but could be some other location. But that would be a major feature and is bigger that I was hoping to do in this update. The hourly rate is more just a change to the salary formula so would fit better into this minor release.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:12 am

Thanks Joe for the reply,
to be honest it all sounds like too much work just for someone to fly at low level to look at POI, if i (or anyone) wants to do that , i will just fly outside of FSairlines client in that situation, or follow the above 1000ft rule on takeoff , and then stay above 500 feet AGL when i want to look at POI

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:22 am

The Low Altitude penalty could be an issue on the inter island flights in the Orkney Islands (North East of Scotland).

These islands are home to the official worlds shortest flight, Westray to Papa Westray (adjacent islands).

The "official" flight duration is 90 SECONDS, and if you get above 500' then you are never going to get down low enough to land without a lengthy descent!