PAX destination

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

lhmoramontiel
Ticket Agent

PAX destination

Post by lhmoramontiel » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:17 pm

Hello joe, I've been looking at other topic that talked about the next topic. I apologize if it's a repeated issue. I take the opportunity to thank the entire FSAirlines team for their great work, and the desire to continue improving this excellent platform.

Currently when we see information from the airports we get the data of how many pax are waiting for flight, but there is no information of their destination. Will it be possible to implement pax destination information at an airport? that is, in addition, how many passengers are on hold depending on their destination, something similar as packages. But you don't have to select the pax, just look at the quantities and thus create strategies with flights and planes.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: PAX destination

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:18 pm

Right now the system does not keep track of the intended destination of each passenger. Instead it just keeps a pool of total passengers and at booking time in calculates from that the percent of passengers who would be interested in that flight, based on the distance/size of each of the airports and the connections to them, adding and subtracting the passengers from recent flights to and from those airports.

I would like to be able to model each individual passenger where they want to go, what price and number of connections they are willing to accept but I fear the complexity and volume of data required to do that would be overwhelming for our system.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.