Allow usage of aircraft

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Allow usage of aircraft

Post by BVU-951 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Would it be possible to be able to select usage by fleet plus assigned.
This would allow fleet manager to fly for fleets that are not assigned to him.
Thanks Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Allow usage of aircraft

Post by joefremont » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:24 pm

You know I really worry that the permissions have gotten too complicated already and having a combination of select usage and assigned on the same permission action would just be a bridge too far. But you can always have all the permissions except all fleet usage be on the rank itself and then allow fleet usage assigned (or the other way around)

But what are other opinions.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 pm

What I was wanting to do was have, for arguments sake, 4 fleet managers, all having the same rank but assigned to different fleets, where they can buy, sell and maintain their fleet, but I would also like them to be able to fly for some or all of the other fleets without having permission to do anything in the other fleets.
I don't understand how I can achieve this with your suggestion.
Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 pm

Maybe have all the permissions being through the fleet assignment but have the 'Allow usage of fleet aircraft' be a fixed list of all the fleets the managers are allowed to use, yes you can't allow the customization of fleets by pilot but they are managers so why not let them.

If your only talking about four ranks then you may have to break down and have more than one fleet manager rank, one for each fleet giving them control of that fleet then use the fleet assignment to control which fleets they can fly. But I do see your VA has many fleets, more fleets than pilots in fact,

I can see your difficulty but not sure how your initial idea would help, but as I said the system is already pretty complex and I really don't want to add any more complexity without a very good reason.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Airline Operators with full permissions can assign any rank a wide variety of permissions with the system right now.

You can split all of these permissions by fleet ... so you can give the same rank permission to buy/sell one set of fleets, while giving them permissions to repair a different group of fleets while at the same time allowing that rank to fly all fleets.

Simply use the "by fleet" check box instead of Assigned.

And yes I would assign each manager his/her own rank. As they have different responsibilities, they would not have "the same title". Instead of a generic Fleet Manager rank, you might need Fleet Manager N. America, Fleet Manager Europe, Fleet Manager Asia, etc. In the real world, Regional Dispatchers do not have permissions to go outside their own jurisdiction within the company and they have different titles, and I'm sure the busier regions pay better than the less busy ones as well. So trying to make "one size fit all" is not really how it's done.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 pm

I was trying to avoid having so many ranks, Our auto ranking system is working great, but if this is too complicated then not to worry, it would have been nice to select assigned as well as fleet, but not the end of the world, thanks for giving it a little bit of thought anyway.

Non promoted Ranks
MD Managing Director
CEO Director

Auto Promoted Ranks
Tr P0 - Trainee
SFO P1 - Second Flight Officer
FFO P2 - First Flight Officer
Cpt P3 - Captain
FCpt P4 - Flight Captain
SCpt P5 - Senior Captain
SFCpt P6 - Senior Flight Captain
F Mgr P7 - Fleet Manager

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:49 am

joefremont wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 pm
I can see your difficulty but not sure how your initial idea would help, but as I said the system is already pretty complex and I really don't want to add any more complexity without a very good reason.
By being able to select "By Fleet" and/or "If Assigned" under "Allow usage of fleet aircraft" would make setting up simpler and avoid having to create a unique rank for every one that becomes a fleet manager, and would allow them to have their own private fleet, that no other Fleet Manager could mess with.

As a director, all I would have to do when someone has reached Fleet manager status is to assign them a fleet under their profile.

I don't know if programming to allow you to select two options under the "Allow usage of fleet aircraft" is possible or not, but I would like you to give this request a bit more thought.

Alan

ps. I hope by simplifying things for me is not over complicating things for others, and hope other VA directors can see what I am trying to achieve. Any comments or ideas would be most appreciated.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Cat wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:10 pm

And yes I would assign each manager his/her own rank. As they have different responsibilities, they would not have "the same title". Instead of a generic Fleet Manager rank, you might need Fleet Manager N. America, Fleet Manager Europe, Fleet Manager Asia, etc. In the real world, Regional Dispatchers do not have permissions to go outside their own jurisdiction within the company and they have different titles, and I'm sure the busier regions pay better than the less busy ones as well. So trying to make "one size fit all" is not really how it's done.
With due respect Sam, we do not have to make a new rank for each Fleet manager, as you can see I just assign the fleet I want them to look after

VA Rank P7 - Fleet Manager
Assigned Fleets BVG HQ London LHR / EGLL
Frankfurt FRA / EDDF
BVG Storage
~Newcastle~ BVG041-Jacko

Alan

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm

I am very confused. How can you assign multiple Fleet Managers different fleets using the same rank?

To say the FSAirlines system has grown complicated is an understatement. A person almost needs a Masters Degree in Virtual Airline Management just to understand it all. :shock:

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm
I am very confused. How can you assign multiple Fleet Managers different fleets using the same rank?

To say the FSAirlines system has grown complicated is an understatement. A person almost needs a Masters Degree in Virtual Airline Management just to understand it all. :shock:
Sam it is not difficult, all you have to do is decide what duties you want the managers to perform under EDIT RANK and select IF ASSIGNED, Then under the PILOT PROFILE assign which fleets you want them to manage.

Example:-
Handle Aircraft (Repair, Transfer, Change Registration, ...) If Assigned
Manage Fleet (Buy/Sell/Lease aircraft, ...) If Assigned
Manage Cargo (Packages at all airports) Yes
Load Cargo (Packages at the airport your located to aircraft you can fly) Yes
Manage Finances/Loans (Issue, Request, ...) If Assigned
Create charter flights Yes
Change pilot fleet assignment No
Tip Pilot No
Allow usage of fleet aircraft By Fleet and/or If Assigned

I did not know how to copy our set up,
Alan

2021-02-23 (1).png
2021-02-23 (1).png (89.36 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
Attachments
2021-02-23.png
2021-02-23.png (62.6 KiB) Viewed 4667 times

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 pm

I think I understand what your asking for. Right now you can select for each rank (Yes/No/By Fleet/If Assigned) and you want it changed to (Yes/No/By Fleet) and having 'if assigned' be a separate selection. While it may be just a small amount of additional complexity but it is more complexity and I am very hesitant to do that unless it's going to appeal to a significant number of members airlines.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:01 am

joefremont wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 pm
I think I understand what your asking for. Right now you can select for each rank (Yes/No/By Fleet/If Assigned) and you want it changed to (Yes/No/By Fleet) and having 'if assigned' be a separate selection. While it may be just a small amount of additional complexity but it is more complexity and I am very hesitant to do that unless it's going to appeal to a significant number of members airlines.
No, I just wanted to be able to select "By Fleet" and "If Assigned" on the "Allow usage of fleet aircraft" line. But probably not easy to programme.
It's ok Joe It works ok as is. I only wanted to stop managers from flying other managers aircraft, but its not worth it just for me.
Thanks anyway
Alan

On second thoughts, having that extra line would be a great advantage for us. And I am sure other VA's would find it useful.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:12 pm

joefremont wrote:
If usage of fleet aircraft did have "if assigned" as a separate choice, It would then be possible for fleet managers to have full control of their fleet and also fly as a pilot for a different fleet.

This would finish our set up very nicely. If anyone was unsure about how to set all this up, I don't mind helping or sharing a copy of our set up.
Our automatic promotion system mirrors fsairlines ranking with the addition of Fleet manager. All we have to do is to assign a fleet to them when they reach the rank of Fleet Manager.
Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:27 pm

BVU-951 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:12 pm
joefremont wrote:
If usage of fleet aircraft did have "if assigned" as a separate choice, It would then be possible for fleet managers to have full control of their fleet and also fly as a pilot for a different fleet.

This would finish our set up very nicely. If anyone was unsure about how to set all this up, I don't mind helping or sharing a copy of our set up.
Our automatic promotion system mirrors fsairlines ranking with the addition of Fleet manager. All we have to do is to assign a fleet to them when they reach the rank of Fleet Manager.
Alan
Alan I am understanding what your asking for. While it may sound like a small change anything effecting the booking of flights need to be done very carefully as the risk of disrupting peoples ability to fly is very real, and we have already gotten complaints about how complicated it is now I do not want to add any more complications to it without the change being if interest to many airlines, and right now only one is requesting it.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:19 am

If any VA owner would like to be able to allow a pilot to have control of a private fleet, without having to make a unique rank, then please reply to this by saying yes please.

Thankyou BVG951-Alan

Hope this post is ok with you Joe, If not I will remove it.