Automatic relocation

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Automatic relocation

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Would it be possible to automatically accept and transfer a new pilot to a default location when they are accepted, so they can start their career immediately.
Last edited by BVU-951 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Automatic relocation

Post by Cat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:50 pm

FSAirlines has the "buy ticket" feature and everyone has $10,000 in their personal bank for this very reason.

You can put a note in your airline new pilot welcome message where they need to be to start their career, it's an easy thing to add.

When I got hired at Delta many many years ago on another planet far far away, it was up to me to get myself to the company training location on the date I was told to be there. Maybe times have changed since then? I don't know, but any pilot who gets an airline job offer will jump at the chance to pay their own way to get where they need to be to start/continue their career.

For me, as our virtual airline administrator, the time it takes for a new pilot to acknowledge our SOP and buy a ticket to our new pilot orientation start point tells me how seriously interested they are in actually being a part of our airline. If they haven't moved in 7 days and/or have not replied to my welcome message, they get removed from the roster as we don't carry "deadweight" on our roster just to show everyone how big we are.

So I would not want a feature where they all start magically at our training center. If such a feature were to be added, I would hope Joe would make it "user selectable" and not mandatory.

[EDIT - NOTE ADDED] - You can always add pilot "sign on bonuses" to your recruiting if you think having to make them pay a few bucks to start where you want them to is a big hurdle. It will cost your airline whatever your multiplier is in "finance costs" to transfer a pilot cash, but that is just another of the many wide variety of options available in FSAirlines.

[EDIT II - :lol: ] - Pilots should be happy there is not a "standard" and "instant" ticket fee like we have to move airplanes. They get to jump into the Star Trek transporter for a very small fee right now and move instantly instead of taking the time it would to "fly there" in 1x speed. :shock:

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:16 pm

I appreciate your points Sam, and I would still prefer it to be automated. It would require the cost of the ticket to be taken from the applicants budget. This might then slow the impatient people down, you know the ones that cannot wait more than 5 mins to be accepted, before going to another VA.
Another reason is that on most mobile phones you cannot see the option to buy a ticket.
There is a lot of new blood coming into our community at the moment and although your videos are very good, I still would like to make it a little easier for the complete novice to get into the air.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:26 pm

I have resisted having ways where VA's can force there pilots to transfer to another location, mainly because real world airlines do not have the power to force there employes to go some place against their will, they are not governments. But I think having some way where the VA asks and the pilot confirms may be of some value, and your point about the screen being too wide for phones and not able to press the buttons on the left is a valid point, but that should probably be address relocating those options from the right side of the screen to some place at the top should probably be the solution to that. But like so many things, its finding the time. Right now I am working on the airport code update and rank pilot permission updates, and I want to get the new aircraft factory changes in place, then these ideas could be addressed.

Of course this means the 'automated pilots' and google maps alternative updates keeps getting delayed, but oh well.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Oh well not to worry, just thought with the arrival of Microsoft Flight Simulator and the increase in flight simulation interest FSA could capture this new influx by simplifying the entry process.
There are a growing number of management systems and I would hate for FSA to miss out,
I love the time I have spent, 10 years now and look forward to the next 10.
Alan