Textron (Beechcraft) Announces new King Air 360

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Textron (Beechcraft) Announces new King Air 360

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:06 am

Wonder how many millions they are going to want for this puppy?

https://beechcraft.txtav.com/king-air-360#Specs

[Base price of the King Air 360 is set at $7.9 million; the 360ER's is $8.75 million. The King Air 360 offers seating for up to nine passengers and features a cabin altitude of 5,960 feet at 27,000 feet msl. Does not say what a "typical delivered unit cost" is]

Hmmm same weights as the 350i so just a refinement of the existing airplane ....better pressurization with digitized automated scheduling, fancy luxury interiors, all Collins glass avionics suite with 3 big touch screens and integrated autothrottle. Sweet! 8)

One more edited note: FSAirlines King Air 350i is comparatively priced with the same payloads and range.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Textron (Beechcraft) Announces new King Air 360

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:27 pm

I reviewed the King Air 350 entries in the DB recently. We only had a basic 350 as in production but for about half the current price. So I changed the current B350 to be out of production at half the current DB price to represent older AC and added both the B350i and B350-ER.

Looking at the stats I have there is not really much difference between the 350, 350i and 360. It seams the 350i actually has a higher DOW than the earlier 350's but MTOW and MZFW is the same, so it can carry less payload. I did debate if I should add the 350i or the 360 but since the stats are basically the same and MSFS has the 350i as a default aircraft I decided to add it. We could have just said the older 350 entry represented all three variants but did not want to raise the price of the used ones in the market. The ER is different enough to warrant its own entry in the DB, even though it seamed the customers for it were mostly governments.

Textron as a company entered aviation through acquisitions in 2013 and I do not really wish to honor them by attaching there name to aircraft in our database.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Textron (Beechcraft) Announces new King Air 360

Post by Cat » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:21 am

I agree on the Textron name .... they swallowed Cessna, Beechcraft and Hawker in a power grab when those companies were struggling.

But of course in their own eyes, they "saved those companies from extinction" yeah like McDonnel Douglas executives have managed Boeing since that merger. pfffffffffft