Delivery flights

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Delivery flights

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:31 pm

I had a brain wave in discussing 'delivery flights' with a pilot on a support ticket. Say we add to the charter flight system a 'delivery flight' option. When activated the range restrictions would be turned off, no revenue payload would be allowed and the revenue multiplier would be reduced to 10x (assuming there revenue multiplier was higher that that in the first place).

The pilot in question wanted to fly there new 737 from KBFI to Europe directly and while with auxiliary tanks and no payload the aircraft could make it, with standard fuel and any payload not possible. I figure this would also be needed for anyone wanting to deliver a shorter range AC like a King Air or C208 to Hawaii, since its beyond the normal range of the AC but with aux tanks its possible.

As I am writing this I would think we might want to have some alternate way of paying the pilot, with no revenue payload the normal FSA method would not give them anything while in the real world, the pilot would probably get paid the same amount if the plane was empty or full, I know we talked about that before. Ideas in my brain are either some price per flight hour or some formula based on the revenue capacity of the AC and fuel used, that would probably be separate but it's something to think about.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Delivery flights

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:59 am

"out of range", we just transfer them (standard) as it would take time to move it long distance.

We once flew a pair of B1900's from Madagascar to Alaska - but we turned it into an adventure with multiple legs.... and those aircraft were "paid off" (revenue generated to pay the purchase price/fuel/etc) before they ever started their normal scheduled runs.

MrJTSZ
Ticket Agent

Post by MrJTSZ » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 pm

It is a good idea. While I was reading, several ideas have occurred to me.
That each of us had the option of choosing the flights that are available in a delivery flight market. For example, make delivery flights for another VA.
That the VA promote in that market the flight that they want to do and that they put a price on the flight or the jumps that have to be made and that the pilot decides which one to choose.
Then the pilot goes to the airport and chooses the one he wants to fly.

I'm not sure if this is the line where you move, but they are ideas that have come to me.

And sorry for my English :roll: :roll:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:13 am

MrJTSZ wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 pm
It is a good idea. While I was reading, several ideas have occurred to me.
That each of us had the option of choosing the flights that are available in a delivery flight market. For example, make delivery flights for another VA.
That the VA promote in that market the flight that they want to do and that they put a price on the flight or the jumps that have to be made and that the pilot decides which one to choose.
Then the pilot goes to the airport and chooses the one he wants to fly.

I'm not sure if this is the line where you move, but they are ideas that have come to me.

And sorry for my English :roll: :roll:
Having another VA fly the delivery is something I had not thought of and am not sure how popular it would be for the other VA's. My idea was an alternative to using the transfer mechanism. But competing against the transfer mechanism would be hard because its fairly cheap, and it has a guaranteed time it's going to arrive. I am not sure the complexity of that would be worth it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.