Aircraft Bulk Buy Discounts

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Aircraft Bulk Buy Discounts

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 am
225 lines of 298 completed. Should have it done in the next couple of days.
Some places I am making "best guess" due to lack of information. 8)
Best guess is fine, thx so much for doing this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Fixing the aircraft you have marked with issues, of note:

The Mig-29 is as you stated a single seat fighter, but it is in production for export and surplus aircraft have been sold to private individuals, they are listed as private and can't be used by airlines, we can leave that.

The MD-82SF was set as in production because conversions where happening, but that was before we actually had a conversion system, now is out of production

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:56 pm

Okey Dokey, I am only making notes on something that may seem "odd" to me ..... as busy as you are and as fluid as the industry is, I thought some of these may have slipped through the cracks of time since you last updated the manufacturers list.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pm

DONE! Some places I have used "creative license" to find a nearest suitable airport in FSX, as I do not have MSFS2020, XP11 nor P3D.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:56 pm
Okey Dokey, I am only making notes on something that may seem "odd" to me ..... as busy as you are and as fluid as the industry is, I thought some of these may have slipped through the cracks of time since you last updated the manufacturers list.
Thanks Sam, always good to have another pair of eyes looking at the aircraft database and I have corrected the issues you have pointed out. I will be travelling this week so won't be able to put these into effect until after that.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:30 am

No worries - be safe - mask up - Happy Thanksgiving!!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 pm

I have done some work on this and it's on the beta site. I decided to only add a 10% 'tax' for new aircraft, the tax is 10% the cost of a single aircraft, no matter how many aircraft are purchased. The list of airports is just a space separated list of codes, the order is somewhat important as the one that is first will be pre-selected when going to purchase new.

I decided against adding a 1% tax to the purchase of used aircraft, impact would be minimal and I did not want to hear all the whining.

I need to write up a description of how the new permissions work, which is all that is holding up this release.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 am

From someone in a support ticket.
Hi Joe, quick question. I noticed when purchasing new aircraft from manufacturer that I no longer have option in placing the aircraft at an airport of my choice. Now it has one or 2 options, then I'd have to transfer the aircraft and wait the day or more for the thing to get where I need it. Any hope of getting manual input restored for manufacture purchases? Thank you! Have a happy Holiday season!!!! I look forward to many happy hours of flying FSAirlines!!!
Of course I should have expected this. My answer:
We thought it would be more realistic if you had to go to the factory and have to fly it home, like you have to do with market aircraft, instant transfer is always available, little more expensive of course.

Will answer more on this topic in the forum.
So now, VA managers have three choices:
1) Send a pilot to the factory and have them fly it home.
2) Do a standard transfer and have to wait for it to arrive.
3) Do an instant transfer and pay more, but be able to use it right away.

Thinking about this, should I add back in the the option of always entering a delivery code with the note of 'transfer charges apply'. I don't want this to get in the way of people enjoying the site, maybe the compromise is that at the time of purchase when you enter the delivery airport, its instant with standard transfer costs?

What do you all think.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:21 am

I will state what I said in another thread - I think it's getting really complicated now to the point it may be turning new potential virtual airline operators away as the learning curve keeps getting steeper and steeper with each new feature rollout.

Your compromise of instant transfer at standard transfer rates on a "new purchase" sounds like a good deal.

Veteran
Ticket Agent

Post by Veteran » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:37 pm

joefremont wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 am

So now, VA managers have three choices:
1) Send a pilot to the factory and have them fly it home.
2) Do a standard transfer and have to wait for it to arrive.
3) Do an instant transfer and pay more, but be able to use it right away.

Thinking about this, should I add back in the the option of always entering a delivery code with the note of 'transfer charges apply'. I don't want this to get in the way of people enjoying the site, maybe the compromise is that at the time of purchase when you enter the delivery airport, its instant with standard transfer costs?

What do you all think.
In my opinion the way it is now is good. No need to change anything.