Logbook Export

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

XonixZA
Ticket Agent

Logbook Export

Post by XonixZA » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:24 am

Good afternoon, all.

I had a look at my FSAirlines logbook this morning, and I’ve realized that it really contains an absolute wealth of information with regards to each and every flight.

Since I love stats and reports, I was wondering whether it is has ever been considered to (in addition to the KML Log Export which is currently available) make a full logbook export available to pilots. Every flight is already stored with data RE fuel consumption, costs, times etc. etc., and it would be wonderful if I can perhaps export my logbook into a common spreadsheet format, so that I can review/manipulate the data as and when required on my local workstation.

So I can (in time) see what the best average fuel consumption is for all my flights between Origin and Destination, then deriving what season is the best to really market these routes. Just an example of course. What is my most profitable aircraft on selected routes. And so forth. No manipulation of data will be required from FSAirlines, I’ll do that locally based on my own requirements.

If this has perhaps been discussed in the past (I’ve done a search but could not find anything), please forgive me and kindly point me to a thread where I can perhaps gain more info.

Thanks for a wonderful and enjoyable system!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Logbook Export

Post by joefremont » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:50 pm

While I do not remember this being discussed before I think it is a good idea and would not be hard to do, certainly not as hard as the KML file was. I will add it to the todo list.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

XonixZA
Ticket Agent

Re: Logbook Export

Post by XonixZA » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:28 am

joefremont wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:50 pm
While I do not remember this being discussed before I think it is a good idea and would not be hard to do, certainly not as hard as the KML file was. I will add it to the todo list.
Hi Joe, many thanks for your response and for considering this as a future update. Keep up the great work, Sir!

Kind regards