Fleet or Hub

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Fleet or Hub

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Most of the major airlines in operation use a hub-and-spoke network to route their plane traffic. The words "hub" and "spoke" create a pretty vivid image of how this system works. A hub is a central airport that flights are routed through, and spokes are the routes that planes take out of the hub airport. Most major airlines have multiple hubs. They claim that hubs allow them to offer more flights for passengers.

I consider that our airline has a fleet of aircraft that operate from different hubs around the world. So I refer our fleets as hubs.
We have 24 hubs around the world.

At the moment if I want to restrict the number of hubs a pilot can use then I have to make another rank.

I would prefer, if it is not to much of a problem, to give Hub (fleet) usage directly to a pilot, similar to type rating.

Then type rating could be given by the rank.

I hope that I have not over complicated this request.
Last edited by BVU-951 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Fleet or Hub

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:14 pm

This runs along with some of the ideas Adam brought up in his "Small Ideas" post and I suggested type ratings by fleet, and if a fleet manager can adjust the ratings for pilots within there fleet it would give them pretty good control over who is allowed to do what. That was not something that Adam though would help is requirement but might help with what you are asking for.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Re: Fleet or Hub

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Our type ratings are sorted with automatic promotion. I just want to restrict what fleets a pilot can fly in without having to create anymore ranks.
All our fleets have a similar set of aircraft, so altering our typerating regime will not help.