FSA Quick Start page

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

FSA Quick Start page

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 am

I have been thinking about creating a one page 'quickstart' page.

This should be a very brief, single page of the steps to get started and a few tips on pitfalls new users often stumble over. Here is my rough draft.
Welcome to FSAirlines and congradulations on creating your new airline.

To be able to get the best use out your airline you will need to:

Get some aircraft.

Virtual Airline -> Fleets and then "Buy/Lease Aircraft" from the Management Options on the right side.

You don't start with much money so you may need to start with smaller aircraft and work you way up, or lease some aircraft for a short time until you have enough money to buy your own.

Define your routes.

Virtual Airline -> Flight Plan and then "Insert Route" from the Management Options on the right side.

Give your pilots type ratings.

Lots of information is available to help you get started including.

Getting started videos - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9536
Our forum - index.php
Our wiki - https://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/Main_Page

Some words of warning about your first flights,

More than anything FSA is an economics engine so be careful on your first flight, a common mistake is buying to much fuel for your first flight, if you do it will cancel out any profit you make and may reduce the payload so you will have less revenue. If you do buy too much fuel on your first flight, don't panic, fly again, you still have the fuel on the aircraft and your next flight may make up the difference.

Also, you may crash or land at the wrong airport, we understand, mistakes happen. If it does ask for the flight to be reviewed and we can delete it for you.

One last thing, be careful when start picking up packages, you have only a limited time to get them to there destination and if you don't you can loose as much as you would have earned.
What else should we add?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Re: FSA Quick Start page

Post by fackprod » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 am

Maint and how hard landings may bring forward the next repair
Balancing ĺoad (packages, psngrs, crew, fuel) with max take-off weight. FSA is really quite sophisticated and offers a lot of realism and challenge for VA owners.
Aircraft range
Definately links to the really ueful 'about' videos and the equally useful forum Q&As

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: FSA Quick Start page

Post by joefremont » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 am

fackprod wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 am
Maint and how hard landings may bring forward the next repair
Balancing ĺoad (packages, psngrs, crew, fuel) with max take-off weight. FSA is really quite sophisticated and offers a lot of realism and challenge for VA owners.
Aircraft range
Definately links to the really ueful 'about' videos and the equally useful forum Q&As
There are many topics to go into, as there are a lot of features. What made me think of this is to give people just enough information to push them in the right direction so they can get started. Its surprising how many people sign up, create an airline and then don't do anything, or have a bad flight that looses lots of money and then quit.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.