Partnerships & Codesharing - Unravel the Confusion Please

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Partnerships & Codesharing - Unravel the Confusion Please

Post by Cat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Good idea Brian I will 2nd the motion to add message notifications! 8)

Veteran
Ticket Agent

Post by Veteran » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Is the codesharing already reactivated somehow?
As I a have a cooperation with my first airline and a codeshare offer I was thinking about to extend some routes as a codeshare flight and before I invest too much time in it I would like to know if it is active at all?

If not, I can live with that. But as it is currently implemented I am not 100% sure how it works.
I was searching on YT for a video from Cat (by the way thanks for your videos, I used that as an introduction for FSA :D ) but could not find anything.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:14 pm

To the best of my knowledge it is NOT active at this time. The priority list for Joe is quite extensive and as other issues come up that go to the top of the list, lower priority features like this one get pushed down.

Amazing as it may sound, FSAirlines is essentially a "one man band" with Joe our chief cook and bottle washer regarding all coding and feature fixes and new feature rollouts.

I try to assist when able but I am neither a coder nor properly trained in the administrative editing (support tickets, flagged flights, etc) yet so please have some patience.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!

brazvo
Ticket Agent

Post by brazvo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Hello,

is there any update on this topic? I've tried codeshared routes with one of my partners, but I didn't see any "benefits" of using them. So I wanted to start a topic here, but I found this one. I did read this one carefully and I may agree with that idea of percentage bonus on both sides of partnership for flying a codeshared route instead of increasing passenger amount for 10%. When airlines have 120 reputation it doesn't matter.

Maybe I'd also cancel 10% penalty for conflicted routes. If I had no penalty when I did not have a partner, but a competitor, I think there shouldn't be the penalty when I am in a partnership with that airline. Of course, a route in conflict could not be codeshared.

I also agree with Sam to limit a codeshared route just for one partner.

I have a partnership based on good leasing conditions, inexpensive maintenance in partner's service centers, but I would really like to try a partnership based on sharing routes. I know it's possible now too, but a little benefit from sharing routes would be nice. :)

Bruno

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:00 pm

I have spent a lot of time developing our Hub & Spoke operation for BVG, and have always said to our new pilots " If you can book it at a travel agent, you can fly it at BVG"

I can see no reason why another airline that wants to partner BVG cannot have access to all our routes without having to code share, then split the net profit 50 50 before any multiplier is applied. Each VA can have its own multiplier applied to their share.

Any partner should be able to see all available flights and which airline it belongs to, with its ticket price, that way they can choose which one they want. When its booked then it will not be available for any other airline.

Alan BVG951