Booking a Flight

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Booking a Flight

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:56 pm
...So perhaps I need to just shush and stop posting my own ideas and thoughts...
Oh please don't do that, Sam I really value your imput. Too few people put forward ideas on the forum so I would encourage everyone, especially those that have been around for some time to post your ideas.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:12 am

Well I certainly do not expect you to implement everything I propose. I am starting to look at what we have and see if there are other ways to streamline things to make A) the coding have less conflicts and B) reduce your workload. For example the "technical stops" in my opinion only is totally redundant to the divert function and causes issues when people think they can create a flight route for an airplane that does not have the range to go the distance. The most logical thing in my eyes is to just make the route into legs - with their own flight numbers - like they do in the real world. Stuff like that. [EDITED -ADDED] Also many VA owners do not realize the revenue sum of two individual routes is almost always far more than the revenue of one long flight route with a technical stop.

I do understand most sim pilots are not real pilots with years of experience and more than once my airline owner has told me my standards are too high for those who fly sims casually. So what I may consider a normal procedure, others are looking for shortcuts where they don't have to put in the time and energy one would when more closely simulating real commercial airline procedures.

And that is the hardest part of your job, finding a balance that may not make everyone happy but at least won't make everyone mad. :shock: 8)

Having said all that totally irrelevant to the topic, having the ability to select the aircraft in the book flight page to filter the routes does have benefits for everyone. I see that dropdown window now, so nicely done. Was it there previously? To be honest I have no idea :lol:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:29 am

The drop down with aircraft has been there for quite some time.

While I agree with you that technical stops are a bit redundant, and with very few exceptions it is more profitable to break it up into two stops, I have seen them listed in quite a few old time tables that had them. But if people want to do that, more power to them.

ABVG
Ticket Agent

Post by ABVG » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:48 pm

I appreciate everything you all do, and now my team have got used to the packages its a job trying to get them to fly passengers.
Just as well as the whole world is in lockdown :lol:
I am an Alpha tester on FS2020 and looking forward to the 18th August, I know the current client works with 2020, but wondering if you have got one specifically for 2020.
I find technical stops are very usefull for local package deliveries, you only need to make one flight plan instead of several to get all the packages delivered.
Alan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:31 pm

We won't have a client specifically for FS2020 as the simconnect interface works quite well. I have been using it myself recently and one thing the new sim does not do is show you the sim rate you are using, so I am adding that to the client. If your using FS2020, when the sim rate changes it will show up in messages in the client, and will be added to the debug information in the main window. The autosave does not seem to work so I am disabling that if it thinks your using FS2020.

I two other bugs I am trying to fix and if I get it done by this weekend I should have rc4 out then. I plan on getting the final 2.4.0 out when FS2020 is released.

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:39 am

Just a comment,
When we create routes in our VA, we take into consideration the range of the airplanes and the lenght of the runways when creating before batch loading data. And as the FSA system does not allow to add an airplane into a route that is outside its range, it could also validate the lenght of the runway for that plane. So, for example, there would be categories of "short runways" planes on one side, and the heavy ones that would need longer runways on the other.
Thank you

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:21 am

joseramonpuga wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:39 am
Just a comment,
When we create routes in our VA, we take into consideration the range of the airplanes and the lenght of the runways when creating before batch loading data. And as the FSA system does not allow to add an airplane into a route that is outside its range, it could also validate the lenght of the runway for that plane. So, for example, there would be categories of "short runways" planes on one side, and the heavy ones that would need longer runways on the other.
Thank you
The problem is getting all the data, not just the airports, getting all the runway lengths for all the tens of thousands of airports around the world is quite difficult given there is no free reliable source for such data, but then there are also the requirements for the aircraft. Most aircraft specifications do not state the required runway length. Required runway length is also quite variable as it can change based on TOW, altitude and temperature. Getting it accurate would be quite a challenge.